Owasso: Man shot during apparent home invasion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I know what happened. That was about the time the big rain storm and thundaaaar and lightning came through here. I'll bet the dude was out looking for little old ladies to help cross the street and when it started storming, he went inside the home just trying to get inside somewhere safe and warm and dry. Poor guy...

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We will see the mettle of our D.A. shortly. Whether the BG was armed or not shouldn't be the first or only factor.

I'd like to see more facts on what happened. Why did they call it a "Home Invasion"? Was there an intent to burglarize while the homeowners were obviously in the house and harm them or threaten them in some way or ??? Or is this just a headline grabber? I've never seen a definition for "Home Invasion" but I'd like to know if there is any legal difference too.

Does it make any difference what the intentions were of the BG .
He is still breaking into your home @ 4:30 AM in the morning !

leardriver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's some update information on the Owasso shooting. The source is very credible:

Captain, got a few details of shooting this past weekend. It appears that (the) suspect who was very intoxcated was dropped off by a friend at what the friend thought was the suspects mothers home. The suspect tried to enter through the front door but after that proved unsuccessful he went to a side window that his mother normally left unlocked. When that didn't work he returned to the front where the homeowner fired 2 rounds through the front door striking the suspect on the front porch with both rounds.

Suspect wounds are not life threatening. Let the
lawyering begin.

Cap'n Bill

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's some update information on the Owasso shooting. The source is very credible:

Cap'n Bill

The scenario you present sounds very similar to the situation a year or so ago in Chandler.....lady at home by herself when someone on drugs tries to break into her home. She shot and killed the perp while she was on the phone with the 911 operator. The most memorable portion of the phone call was when the 911 operator instructed the senior citizen lady to hide in the bathroom. The lady responded "I'm not getting in the bathroom with this big ol' shotgun. I'll kill him graveyard dead if he comes thru that door!"

IIRC, she shot the guy thru the patio door....and killed 'em graveyard dead. Never, ever heard another word about it. Again...same situation, person on drugs killed while trying to break into a home.

Only time will tell what D.A. Tim Harris will do.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, a little sad for the stupid drunk, but in no way should the homeowner be responsible for the behavior of someone obviously trying to enter his home by multiple points of entry. My $0.02.

Latest posts

Top Bottom