Owl identification?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any ideas on what he is after? Coming to the same spot in the yard at least the 4 times I've seen him. I wish he would nab the gophers hard at work in several locations on my property. However, none at that location.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any ideas on what he is after? Coming to the same spot in the yard at least the 4 times I've seen him. I wish he would nab the gophers hard at work in several locations on my property. However, none at that location.
Got a chihuahua or other ankle biter?

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd take a 1000 Great Horned owls, 1000 sticky traps and a crate of Decon over one snake lol.

Agreed , I am an avowed Ophidiophobic , as far as it concerns me all snakes are all either a Fer de Lance or a Boomslang . Without exception if a snake crosses my path its going to get the shovel, shotgun or whatever I can find to dispatch it with.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Mouses, rats, gophers, bunnies, and anything furry he can hop on including cats and chihuahuas

Last edited:

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mouses, rats, gophers, and anything furry he ca hop on
Agree. That's why this is so curious to me. There are plenty of small mammals and reptiles nearby, but not at this spot.

My dog is a Jack Russell that is fat as a town dog. She chased the owl away yesterday and he came back as soon as we were out of sight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom