PA Women Arrested in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It still amazes me how people make comments without a simple understanding of what was said. Not once did I say it was legal on a Federal level to grow or buy marijuana. You should really read through the entire thread or at the very least, get some grasp of the conversation before typing redundant comments that do not apply.

I did read it. I even comprehend what I read. You said--and I quote--"Stay off Federal land and you can smoke and purchase all you want because the Colorado .gov has said it is legal to do so." You are so completely wrong that there's not even an Angstrom of room to debate. The feds can bust you anywhere, federal land or not. No, the state/local cops will not bust you, and the DA won't prosecute, but that doesn't restrain federal officials. They can still investigate, arrest, and prosecute anywhere in the state of Colorado, federal land or not.

You should really "read through" and "get a grasp" of the concept of concurrent jurisdiction.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I did read it. I even comprehend what I read. You said--and I quote--"Stay off Federal land and you can smoke and purchase all you want because the Colorado .gov has said it is legal to do so." You are so completely wrong that there's not even an Angstrom of room to debate. The feds can bust you anywhere, federal land or not. No, the state/local cops will not bust you, and the DA won't prosecute, but that doesn't restrain federal officials. They can still investigate, arrest, and prosecute anywhere in the state of Colorado, federal land or not.

You should really "read through" and "get a grasp" of the concept of concurrent jurisdiction.

I know sometimes it becomes difficult to expand your search and realize the Feds are not going to interfere with State laws on MJ as long as they follow a few rules, one being, possessing or using on federal land. And once again, I will remind you, I never said it was legal on the federal level. Damn.

The DOJ has made it very clear, they could careless if people buy and consume in the areas approved by the Colorado .gov. I know your personal beliefs won't let you grasp that, but it has been made perfectly clear.

https://www.google.com/#q=feds+won't+challenge+colorado+pot+law

According to the new directive, federal authorities still will prosecute individuals or entities involved in:

The distribution of marijuana to minors.
Directing revenue from marijuana sales to gangs and cartels.
Diverting marijuana from states where it is legal to other states where there are no laws allowing for marijuana use.
Using legal sales as cover for trafficking operations.
Using violence and or firearms in marijuana cultivation and distribution.
Driving under the influence of marijuana.
Growing marijuana on public lands.
Possessing marijuana or using on federal property.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did a post about idiotic law purposely being used to ruin the life of a woman who's only crime in their eyes was being so bold as to exercise her constitutional rights turn into a pointless marijuana debate?

Back to the point...imprisoning a woman and ruining her life for doing something that is illegally banned by the state of new Jersey is absolutely sickening. The root of this issue is a state turning carrying a firearm into a violation of law in a country where our constitution protects us unilaterally from such behavior on a federal level. Yes, she was wrong a state level, I don't know whether it was purposeful or accidental but the point here is New Jersey saying they don't care. All they care about is catching one of those horrible citizens practicing their constitutionally protected right of bearing a firearm and they are going to punish her with maximum prejudice and that is as unAmerican as possible. It makes me angry and sick to my stomach...this could be any of us. Imagine this being your grandmother or your son or daughter facing 10 years or more in a New Jersey prison for something that shouldn't even be illegal to begin with.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
How did a post about idiotic law purposely being used to ruin the life of a woman who's only crime in their eyes was being so bold as to exercise her constitutional rights turn into a pointless marijuana debate?

I was just trying to let the poor lady know she could legally buy some MJ if she moved to Colorado.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Back to the point...imprisoning a woman and ruining her life for doing something that is illegally banned by the state of new Jersey is absolutely sickening. The root of this issue is a state turning carrying a firearm into a violation of law in a country where our constitution protects us unilaterally from such behavior on a federal level. Yes, she was wrong a state level, I don't know whether it was purposeful or accidental but the point here is New Jersey saying they don't care. All they care about is catching one of those horrible citizens practicing their constitutionally protected right of bearing a firearm and they are going to punish her with maximum prejudice and that is as unAmerican as possible. It makes me angry and sick to my stomach...this could be any of us. Imagine this being your grandmother or your son or daughter facing 10 years or more in a New Jersey prison for something that shouldn't even be illegal to begin with.

Amen!

And just so everybody knows, Chris Christie is on record saying that NJ gun laws should be a model for the country, he thinks they are just about perfect to paraphrase him. No I'm not going to look up a link but I watched him utter the words on the tube myself, so it's out there.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chris Christie is a fat piece of crap. He is another elitist politician that only cares about himself. I pray he doesn't run for president and get the Republican nomination. It is really saddening to know that we have him and probably hillary that will be running. Why even vote if that is the choices? But back to the story, this woman shouldn't have even been arrested. I will never step foot into a liberal state. It will not happen. But she should have known the law. It could have easily been avoided.

okreloader

New to the site!
Reaction score
I stumbled across this one on Drudge.

"When Ray Rice beat his wife unconscious in an elevator, New Jersey Superior Court Judge Michael Donio and New Jersey District Attorney Jim McClain agreed to put him in a diversion program for 1st-time offenders to keep him out of jail. But when Pennsylvania single mom Shaneen Allen was pulled over for a traffic violation and volunteered to a New Jersey police officer that she was carrying a legally-owned handgun with a Pennsylvania permit, the response of Donis and McClain was to deny her the same opportunity as Rice."

The rest of the story - http://bearingarms.com/judge-d-gave-ray-rice-slap-wrist-knockout-give-shaneen-allen-mercy/

Latest posts

Top Bottom