Pain management rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have been trying to get some relief for the last three weeks for debilitating pain resulting from my medical issues and it has been a nightmare. Doctors will no longer just give you a prescription no matter how bad you are hurting, hospital staff likes to play games with time, always late and of course you can't go to PM while in the hospital. So you get out and the insurance Co has to approve the referral which takes days. You finally get an appointment, show up only to be told the DR can't see you today. This is while dragging around a wound vac and bairly being able to walk.

Have another appointment in the morning so at least one more night with no sleep. This could be so easy with a teleconference and writing a prescription but nooo they won't o that. Another situation where a few bad guys are making it rough on the good guys.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, it sucks. I'll tell you, it's not just a few people making it bad, but the state and the medical board have instituted restrictions that make it really hard on people. I don't do any pain management at all, don't provide any narcotics or benzos or Ambien for routine or chronic issues.

Just too much liability, too much headache.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I feel for you. Wish I was closer -- I'd suggest you try my pain management place. They are compassionate, efficient and effective. My insurance this year won't cover them. When we figured out my appointments wouldn't be covered they wanted to know if I needed a referral. I was like "Nope. I'll just pay outta pocket." THAT'S how good they are. I will never change pain management doctors. Never.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See if you can get to Advanced Pain of Tulsa. I know that it is a friggin three ring CF to get a referral to anyone, but they have always listened to what I have had to say.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is court ordered for life. I fell 10 feet to concrete and broke my right side. Yes my right side and my back. My right foot, leg, hip, ribs, shoulder and back. Three years of surgeries and rehab, and between all that a quad bypass. Wanna compare scars? I have two holes in my belly it looks like I was shot. It damn sure felt like it too when they pulled out those corrugated tubes. They hold you down to do it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is court ordered for life. I fell 10 feet to concrete and broke my right side. Yes my right side and my back. My right foot, leg, hip, ribs, shoulder and back. Three years of surgeries and rehab, and between all that a quad bypass. Wanna compare scars? I have two holes in my belly it looks like I was shot. It damn sure felt like it too when they pulled out those corrugated tubes. They hold you down to do it.
Humble much?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score

Your pain management is court ordered for life??? I'm not sure what that means.

Latest posts

Top Bottom