Parapraxis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Parapraxis. There. I've taught y'all a new word.

https://www.wordnik.com/words/parapraxis(wordnik is the preferred digital dictionary for DuckDuckGo, which some of y'all convinced me to switch to months ago)

Parapraxis
Definitions
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

noun

A minor error, such as a slip of the tongue, thought to reveal a repressed motive.

noun
A mistake, such as a slip of the tongue, that reveals a concealed thought or motive.

noun
A minor inadvertent mistake usually observed in speech or writing or in small accidents or memory lapses etc.

(this word has been used once before this post on OSA, and it was in reference to POtuS)

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda like a Freudian slip...

Two guys are sitting in a bar having a beer.
One guy asked the other a question, " Have you ever meant to say 1 thing and then instead something really embarrassing came out instead?"
The 2nd responds, "Ya, like a Freudian slip right? Like this one time I was at the airport buying a plane ticket. The lady at the ticket counter had a really large chest, and instead of asking her if I could buy a ticket to Pittsburgh, I asked her, 'Can I please buy a picket to Tittsburgh?'"

The 1st guy says, "Exactly. I only ask because the other day I had the biggest Freudian slip. During Thanksgiving day supper, with my wife, kids and our extended families, I blew it. With over 20 family members sitting at the table, I looked over at my wife, and instead of saying, 'Hey honey, can you pass the salt & pepper?, I said, 'YOU EVIL B***H! You ruined my life.'"

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Parapraxis. There. I've taught y'all a new word.

https://www.wordnik.com/words/parapraxis(wordnik is the preferred digital dictionary for DuckDuckGo, which some of y'all convinced me to switch to months ago)

Parapraxis
Definitions
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

noun

A minor error, such as a slip of the tongue, thought to reveal a repressed motive.

noun
A mistake, such as a slip of the tongue, that reveals a concealed thought or motive.

noun
A minor inadvertent mistake usually observed in speech or writing or in small accidents or memory lapses etc.

(this word has been used once before this post on OSA, and it was in reference to POtuS)
Prez putz is a puttering parapraxis.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biden decoder.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom