Good article on the state of the libertarian movement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some yes, but I still think most just use being libertarian as an excuse to do nothing. If they can not do it from the comfort of their couch or at worst computer, it just is not worth doing. Besides it lets them fool themselves. "I would try to make a difference but it is just no use since the big parties will not hand us power on a silver platter."

So, in short, your theory is based on no solid evidence.

Again you would be wrong. Republicans are against welfare for those that could be working. Those that really need it, deserve a helping hand until they can find a job.

Could've fooled me.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, in short, your theory is based on no solid evidence.

Could've fooled me.

It is based on decades of observing so called libertarians, and it is not that hard to fool you it seems.
Soooo, the R and D is viable because the WORK for it? Boolsheet.

Those two parties are only viable because they STEAL.

BS, they are viable because millions of people in this country donate time and money to work for their campaigns.

The example was assisting in getting the Libertarian party as a viable third party. Working together to achieve a common goal is not welfare.

They want it handed to them, you know, welfare. :P

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The example was assisting in getting the Libertarian party as a viable third party. Working together to achieve a common goal is not welfare.

It's considering "wanting a hand out" for not wanting the election laws to be blatantly slanted against third parties? Seriously?

It is based on decades of observing so called libertarians, and it is not that hard to fool you it seems.

Well, we've already established that your "observations" lack any solid foundation.

BS, they are viable because millions of people in this country donate time and money to work for their campaigns.

They want it handed to them, you know, welfare. :P

Right, and it's not because states like Ohio actively BANNED the Libertarian party from the ballot. Or that the entire system is set up to only allow the two major parties, like how both the Ds and Rs have agree to bar third parties from the presidential debates.

Must be lazy libertarians. Sure.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Millions of people in this country are dumber than a box of hair and follow anyone around.

What was your point?

My point is that neither of you have answered my questions. Have you ever done anything besides whine about it over the net?????? I thought not.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should also note, I have relatives working to get legal pot on the ballot. I may not agree with them but I can respect the time and effort put into it by people who work for a living and still make time to gather signatures. They do not just whine about how unfair things are, they work at the grass roots level to change things. The same thing will have to be done before the libertarians become more then a bad joke.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's considering "wanting a hand out" for not wanting the election laws to be blatantly slanted against third parties? Seriously?

Well, we've already established that your "observations" lack any solid foundation.

Right, and it's not because states like Ohio actively BANNED the Libertarian party from the ballot. Or that the entire system is set up to only allow the two major parties, like how both the Ds and Rs have agree to bar third parties from the presidential debates.

Must be lazy libertarians. Sure.

I agree with Rick in principle. What they do in Ohio is Ohios problem.

It takes participation, organization and money. There is a process to get on a Oklahoma state ballot. Yes it takes actual work, its not impossible unless there really aint that many actual voters. Honestly thats the real problem in Oklahoma. The Ls just dont have the numbers.

Libertarians have thrown in with the R's or D's.......I say get out. Register as an Independent. Who gives a rats azz who the GOP/Dems nominates? Neither is gonna be a Libertarian anyway. At best they will be a LINO.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point is that neither of you have answered my questions. Have you ever done anything besides whine about it over the net?????? I thought not.

Rick, saying that libertarians "just don't want it bad enough" is akin to saying that black voters in the pre-civil rights era just "didn't want it bad enough". To deny that there have been roadblocks put in to keep Ls off the ballot is just flat out incorrect. Hell, just think about how our congress works with the majority party controlling the committees that decide what legislation even makes it to the floor. Our govt. has gone from G. Washington warning about the perils of political parties to two parties being intertwined into the functioning of the legislative process.

“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”

― George Washington

Latest posts

Top Bottom