Good article on the state of the libertarian movement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, getting the gov out of your personal affairs is damn near Constitutional. I can see why it upsets Statists.

Sorry but libertarians hiding under the GOP or Dem banner are the real Statists. They do not have the guts to tackle the problems themselves so they hide and whine from the sidelines. "We tried but the parties would not do what we wanted." All the time not admitting to themselves the real problem, no body listens to them because most people do not agree with them.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry but libertarians hiding under the GOP or Dem banner are the real Statists. They do not have the guts to tackle the problems themselves so they hide and whine from the sidelines. "We tried but the parties would not do what we wanted." All the time not admitting to themselves the real problem, no body listens to them because most people do not agree with them.

If it were simple for third parties to compete I world probably agree, but the big two do everything they can to keep the "other guys" from even getting a chance to have a voice. If there are more than two choices they have a greater chance of losing more of their control faster...

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They like the libertarian party because they see it as the party of "me". Most of these kids are self absorbed and worried only about themselves.

Yeah, they should totally be more like Republicans, getting all up in everyone's private business with restrictions on sex, marriage, recreational chemicals, "homeland security", religion (the CORRECT religion, mind you), etc.

How dare those "kids" not care what other people do as long as it doesn't have a direct affect on themselves? How selfish!

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, they should totally be more like Republicans, getting all up in everyone's private business with restrictions on sex, marriage, recreational chemicals, "homeland security", religion (the CORRECT religion, mind you), etc.

How dare those "kids" not care what other people do as long as it doesn't have a direct affect on themselves? How selfish!

They do not care about other people. Many dont even care how their actions affect others as long as they get what they want.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it were simple for third parties to compete I world probably agree, but the big two do everything they can to keep the "other guys" from even getting a chance to have a voice. If there are more than two choices they have a greater chance of losing more of their control faster...

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

True the people in power are not going to give up that power easily and guess what, the libertarians are making it easy on them by hiding in the parties. If there are as many libertarian leaning people as claimed, and most of them left the majors to join the libertarian party things would change real fast. Instead they are to much cowards to even try. There is a perfectly good, real Libertarian party out there that could cause major change with enough support from those that claim to be libertarian.

They do not care about other people. Many dont even care how their actions affect others as long as they get what they want.

So true. I many times think people claim to be libertarian just so they do not have to do anything but can still whine about it all. The old, not voting is a form of voting BS.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Nice try, but that dog don't hunt. Pretty much do not see any of the current crop tackling anything more than ensuring they get re-elected.

Kick back and have some more koolaid. Yer gonna need it after shedding all these tears about people wanting freedom.

Grindstone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So true. I many times think people claim to be libertarian just so they do not have to do anything but can still whine about it all. The old, not voting is a form of voting BS.

So much red herring.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice try, but that dog don't hunt. Pretty much do not see any of the current crop tackling anything more than ensuring they get re-elected.

Kick back and have some more koolaid. Yer gonna need it after shedding all these tears about people wanting freedom.

So much red herring.

How many of you are politically active? By that I mean do more then whine about things on the net? We have one or two members who are members of the Libertarian party, gather signatures trying to get them on the ballot, work to make a difference. Those people I like and respect, I may not agree with them but I respect what they are trying to do. Instead of being like most of the libertarians I talk too that just want to whine about things.

If they ever form a real Tea Party, you can bet I will leave the GOP in a heart beat and work for them. Heck if I had the money I would try and get it started myself. Libertarians have a party, they are just either to lazy or to scared to work for them preferring to hide under the majors skirts while claiming to do something. Frankly they ain't doing ****.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True the people in power are not going to give up that power easily and guess what, the libertarians are making it easy on them by hiding in the parties. If there are as many libertarian leaning people as claimed, and most of them left the majors to join the libertarian party things would change real fast. Instead they are to much cowards to even try. There is a perfectly good, real Libertarian party out there that could cause major change with enough support from those that claim to be libertarian.

Rick, I have in fact put my money where my mouth is and joined up. Well tried to anyways, OK does not recognize L so they are giving me an I. At any rate at least I'm not counted among the republican ranks anymore so I can at least feel good about that.

There is no hiding in the GOP or dem party. The hope/strategy with the libertarian leaning members of the R and D party is to influence through primaries. I held onto such a belief for quite a while as the L party won't even be recognized by the state of OK. All hope of that is lost on me now however. There are just too many people in each party that want to force their own views on everyone.

If you want to simplify libertarian philosophy to one sentence it would be. Leave everyone the fukc alone. If it does not effect other people, it is not anyone else's damn business. Why that is not a majority opinion, I do not know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom