Good article on the state of the libertarian movement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Rick in principle. What they do in Ohio is Ohios problem.

It takes participation, organization and money. There is a process to get on a Oklahoma state ballot. Yes it takes actual work, its not impossible unless there really aint that many actual voters. Honestly thats the real problem in Oklahoma. The Ls just dont have the numbers.

You may be right there. It's amazing how many people are opposed to liberty. Scares the **** out of them.

Libertarians have thrown in with the R's or D's.......I say get out. Register as an Independent. Who gives a rats azz who the GOP/Dems nominates? Neither is gonna be a Libertarian anyway. At best they will be a LINO.

I have left and encourage others to ditch the GOP and Dem party. That doesn't mean I'm not rooting for a libertarian leaning candidate from either of the major parties though. And why be a purist anyways? Not going to find a candidate that aligns 100% with your views no matter what anyways regardless of party or no party at all.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point is that neither of you have answered my questions. Have you ever done anything besides whine about it over the net?????? I thought not.

I care not of your personal opinions. The only whining, crying, and statements of "unfair" I have seen in this thread have consistently come from you. I'm not sure if that's envy or a sense of guilt and culpability.

I guess the 'net is a lot like likker. It makes some people impolite, then it makes them brave.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Those guys had their **** together for the most part. Some people make fun of 200+ year old quotes but it amazes me how prophetic and spot on they usually are.

I think predicting the problems,( like the quotes) is the easiest part. Politically speaking, Human nature is the same as it was 200+ years ago.

Them guys were working from the premise that self governance was better than a Monarchy.

Todays politicians are business men. Ambitious, Unscrupulous, Cunning, Deceitful, Hateful. And we vote em in. Its crazy.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I care not of your personal opinions. The only whining, crying, and statements of "unfair" I have seen in this thread have consistently come from you. I'm not sure if that's envy or a sense of guilt and culpability.

I guess the 'net is a lot like likker. It makes some people impolite, then it makes them brave.

Nice try but your still avoiding the questions which is answer enough, and look back through this thread and you will see plenty of comments about how the majors parties steal, put road blocks in the way, people just do not want liberty, etc, etc, etc. And frankly the only bad feelings I have about the libertarians is that they will not work for what they want.

Frankly if the black people had acted the way the libertarians are, they still would not have the vote.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To back up my point, here is the LA Libertarian party asking people to stop complaining and do something.

The tide will turn when people stop complaining about the two-party duopoly and take corrective action. We encourage you to stop reinforcing the “Big Two.” They do not have a claim on your vote. It is yours and any party’s candidate must earn it, including ours.

If you’ve had enough of the status-quo of diminishing freedom, please consider helping the LPMN and our 2014 candidates by joining as a LPMN member!

https://www.lpmn.org/liberty-launch-memberbomb/

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice try but your still avoiding the questions which is answer enough, and look back through this thread and you will see plenty of comments about how the majors parties steal, put road blocks in the way, people just do not want liberty, etc, etc, etc. And frankly the only bad feelings I have about the libertarians is that they will not work for what they want.

Frankly if the black people had acted the way the libertarians are, they still would not have the vote.

You just cannot grasp the fact that I owe you NOTHING, can you? No wonder you are a Statist. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Latest posts

Top Bottom