Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just back from SHOT, got a week to get tuned back up and ready for the Run n' Gun. I'll go run my scrambler a couple times this week, confirm zero and hopefully be ready for the higher temps.

BlueandCold

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Ted and I were at Red Castle getting 500 yard zeroes on Tuesday. I had to make sure that I could get the hits with the 11.5" AR and XM193. I can, but Ted out-shot me with his scoped Mini 14. :(

As far as ammo goes, I have never run out at one of these and I don't intend to. I have come way too close for comfort a couple times, and have seen it happen to a bunch of other people. I'm going with four 30 round AR mags and three 19 round Glock mags. It's probably twice what I will actually shoot, but whatever -- 5.56 is light. The 11.5" rifle is super light too, which will be nice.

Hey henschman (or anyone else that has shot 5.56 at 500 yard steel silhouette targets at Red Castle), Will a 5.56 knock over a Ram at 500 yards? I was out there the other day and I swear I could hear the shots hitting steel but no Rams fell.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've hit the rams with my Mini - wouldn't knock most of them over. (some have bent/damaged feet, and barely stay up- it'll knock those down)

Hensch and I finished getting the ranges ready for the Run N Gun yesterday. It looks like a good course, and it looks like the weather is gonna suit me just fine. Anyone that really wants snow should move up north.

For what it's worth.....Hensch and I were both shooting pretty well at 500 with four different rifles the last few weeks. The wind was pretty crazy yesterday and we couldn't hardly buy a 500 yard hit with the 5.56. (55 grain fmj)

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wind was pretty crazy yesterday and we couldn't hardly buy a 500 yard hit with the 5.56. (55 grain fmj)
I have contemplated running a bipod on AR for the 500 yd shot, yes you can use mag as a monopod, I am worried about running up there breathe and heart rate out of control and blowing through some ammo. With the bolt gun 1st year I didn't consider the N wind, second year I over compensated for a heavy S wind that had little effect on bulletpath.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have contemplated running a bipod on AR for the 500 yd shot, yes you can use mag as a monopod, I am worried about running up there breathe and heart rate out of control and blowing through some ammo. With the bolt gun 1st year I didn't consider the N wind, second year I over compensated for a heavy S wind that had little effect on bulletpath.
Have had the same thought. I have an Atlas style that is on a quick detach mount. Could easily toss it on and off.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have had the same thought. I have an Atlas style that is on a quick detach mount. Could easily toss it on and off.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

I us a quick detach bipod that rides in a dump pouch in my belt. I pull it out and attach it right before I get to the stage. Either shoot quick or start my wait time and am ready to go. Once the stage is complete I run off and pull it off and back in the pouch it goes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom