Pawnee Winter Run n' Gun - 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Harris bipod so it takes a second longer, and its only a pound. I look at some of these guys run times and think I gotta out shoot them, not sure that I can beat their run time, running on Friday there will be no rest times to recharge & sprint to the next station. So I am keep rethinking my load out.
There is that voice in the back of my head that says man up, quit whining run 4 AR mags, 3 pistol mags & the bipod. Plan for a stage failure, one melt down & one mag to fail.
The cool thing about these run n guns is my rifle and gear are truly setup year round. In just a few minutes I could be out the door ready to go, I would just need to make a quick run to McDonald's I would be all set. Lol

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you basing your load out on competing with other contestants or based on what is practical for your intended use and envisioned scenario?

Either way is totally cool, but it highlights the different mindsets going in...something I still debate with myself over lol.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you basing your load out on competing with other contestants or based on what is practical for your intended use and envisioned scenario?

Either way is totally cool, but it highlights the different mindsets going in..

See, this is my issue as well. Last year I ran with my Garand, so loadout was dictated by equipment. This year I am doing it with my AK, and as usual I am competing against myself primarily. Also, since I will be walking more than running, I may as well load myself heavy.... so go with three mags and a lightweight setup or with my vest and a full load of gear. I really have not decided, but am leaning towards the vest. If for no other reason than that would be the better workout of the two options.

I won't outrun anyone, may as well push myself harder.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll just switch to some heavier bullets.

My move to heavier bullets changed everything. Go from shooting 3-4 inch groups at 100 with M193 to 1 inch, and that translates out to 500 yards. I run 77 grain IMI, but have a few 193 stacked in a mag for the close stuff.

So at 500 I'm shooting around 5-6 groups compared to the 193 shooting 15-20 inch groups. Big difference and I did pretty well shooting the 193 in previous R&Gs. But the level of error is much smaller.

Things you find out after 5 R&Gs... Like the Tavor is a heavy slut.

Matt in TN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm leaning towards 147 gr FMJs at the moment.

I like it! But I use 155gr. And I just realized the phone prefix for Pawnee is 762, so it's like it's meant to be.

And what is all this talk of bipods? Real men (with non-freefloated handguards who have no other choice) go unsupported prone for the 500yd shot. Too bad I can't get in shakyhand's head while he's running. I might be able to talk him into doing it offhand ;-)

It sure is going to be hard to get any work done this week...

Latest posts

Top Bottom