PayPal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FTB44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy,

I know that I'm a FNG, but I was surprised to see the PayPal emblem on this site, due to PayPal's alleged strong anti-gun stance?? or is the info regarding PayPal incorrect. Further, I was told that PayPal will not allow the purchase of weapons and some components. If this is true, should we be supporting PayPal and it's anti-gun position. Please advise.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PayPal is indeed anti-gun. When I sold guns on gunbroker.com, I was told by old members there not to use my paypal account or Paypal would close my account.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was surprised to see the PayPal emblem on this site...Please advise.

OSA isn't listing PayPal as a sponsor, he has the PayPal logo as a button so you can send money in to support the website. This site doesn't run on air or fairy dust. I can tell you from first hand experience that the amount of money from sponsors and/or Google Adsense will not pay for bandwidth, licenses, and hardware. Now if people are adverse to PayPal I am sure Kelly would take a check.

FTB44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy,

Thanks for your response. I understand the need for connivance, but as you can note by the other postings, PayPal will automatically remove you. PayPal is a powerful (money) form of an assault on our 2nd amendment rights.

The strength our nation is that PayPal has the right/freedom to say no to what they don't agree with, but our support of their position based on connivance is counter-productive to our freedoms. Freedom and keeping it is never connivance. Pay Pal will use dollars to support those who will attempt to re-define what the 2nd Amendment and our rights.

I would offer, that by not using PayPal and the resulting in-connivance, is ones action towards the support of our rights. So for me, my vote by action is not to utilize PayPal and I offer these thoughts for others to consider.

FTB44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy All,

Thanks for your responses. I understand the need for connivance, but as you can note by the other postings, PayPal will automatically remove you. PayPal is a powerful (money) form of an assault on our 2nd amendment rights.

The strength our nation is that PayPal has the right/freedom to say no to what they don't agree with, but our support of their position based on connivance is counter-productive to our freedoms. Freedom and keeping it is never connivance. Pay Pal will use dollars to support those who will attempt to re-define what the 2nd Amendment and our rights.

I would offer, that by not using PayPal and the resulting in-connivance, is an action towards the support of our rights. So for me, my vote by action is not to utilize PayPal and I offer these thoughts for others to consider.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im sorry but Paypal is a big part of my business. A lot of people don't like or support guns but I don't stop being friends with them because of it. Everyone in this country has the right to support or believe what they like. Just like we have the right to be pro gun, they too have the right to be against them. If you don't agree with their policy, don't use them.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Im sorry but Paypal is a big part of my business. A lot of people don't like or support guns but I don't stop being friends with them because of it. Everyone in this country has the right to support or believe what they like. Just like we have the right to be pro gun, they too have the right to be against them. If you don't agree with their policy, don't use them.

Correct. If we had to agree with the philosophies of each business we dealt with, we'd all be naked, starving and out in the rain.

Antichrome

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sold an upper receiver on another forum, the buyer paid with PP. In the 'note' area of the transaction he wrote "dpms lopro". PP locked my acct, sent me a nastygram that I couldnt use pp to for payment on a firearms receiver...their search engine must be massive, and it knows it gun parts. Big hassle.
So I'm trying out gunpal ...works like pp, but for guns.
PP's anti-firearms policy stated that you cant use it for guns, guns parts, gun accessories...but quite a few holster makers take pp as payment. Shrug.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't like them.I usually just send a money order.Never been stung yet but if I do,I will contact US Postal Inspectors office since it's a federal crime.I still won't order anything out of state with a money order for more than I'm prepared to lose. Steve

Latest posts

Top Bottom