Pdogs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok ok...working on figuring out how to post videos (combine them or do a bunch of quick individual ones) but until then...here's a pic for ya.

SAM_0046.JPG

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Part of the "trouble" of filming is you trying to relay to your buddy which mound you're shooting at. Several videos were us filming Pdogs at a different hole than the other one was shooting at.
Also found out 17HM2 isnt really up to the job for quick kills...and 22-250 is overkill :)
17HMR/17WSM seems to be the sweet spot.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Part of the "trouble" of filming is you trying to relay to your buddy which mound you're shooting at. Several videos were us filming Pdogs at a different hole than the other one was shooting at.
Also found out 17HM2 isnt really up to the job for quick kills...and 22-250 is overkill :)

A phoneskope really helps when filming prarie dog slaying. They're cheap enough now I'm so glad I have one. Just attaches your phone to your spotting scope. A digital shutter really helps to reduce shake when taking pics or videos. I shoot a bunch of them every year. Personally I start with a .220 swift and go all the way to my 300 win mag. Probably use a 243 the most. This year I'll try my 22 nosler and 6creed out and see what happens. Rimfire's work well from 150 yds and in I guess. I prefer to pop them farther than that. Love to see the "flip" you can get with larger rounds.

Congrats on getting some action on the things. Shooting prarie dogs is to me the most fun you can have with your clothes on. Especially when the town hasn't been shot at much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Overkill? Man a 22-250 is perfect IMO. Big enough to carry some distance when you want to take those 200/300+ yd shots but small enough to still pick up chunks afterwards if you wanna inspect some gore!

Don't get me wrong. 17hmr is fun too. Just doesn't carry the distance.

J.P. Harrah

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
.17hmr does the trick for me. Great fun

Attachments

• Snapchat-727103035097595507.jpg
    Snapchat-727103035097595507.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 114

Latest posts

Top Bottom