Penalty for Spying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What punishment should spies get?

• 1. Death Penalty

Votes: 97 85.1%
  • 2. Long term prison time

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • 3. Current sentences are fine

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just watched 60 Minutes and was amazed at the very lenient sentences given to two guys who handed classified info over to China.

My personal opinion is that is you spy for a foreign country (friendly or not), you should receive either the death penalty or massive amounts of prison time.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think being put to death is about the only penalty that should be accepted for spying especially if the direct result is the death of an American.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stupid question:

here's an equally stupid answer.

Pluck out their eyes, deafen 'em and cut out their toungues. Release into the public.

To paraphrase the Soup Nazi from the TV show Seinfeld:

No more spying for YOU!

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stupid question:

here's an equally stupid answer.

Pluck out their eyes, deafen 'em and cut out their toungues. Release into the public.

To paraphrase the Soup Nazi from the TV show Seinfeld:

No more spying for YOU!

Stupid question? No more stupid than some of the drivel you spout, my self-righteous little wolfie! :rotflmao:

I'll watch you really close, and maybe I can be as cool as you!

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on whether or not the spying is an "attempt to interfere with military operations, to support U.S. enemies during wartime, to promote insubordination in the military, or to interfere with military recruitment."

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the death penalty seems like an "easy" way out. torture them for the rest of their lives. my dad and his family were tortured when he was young. he is from Chile, and some of the things that were done to him and others were pretty brutal. i would probably choose death over some of the things that were done

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Death. Period. Anything than can harm the U.S.A.

The Walkers who took Navy secrets and sold them to the USSR, no life, just death.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just watched 60 Minutes and was amazed at the very lenient sentences given to two guys who handed classified info over to China.

My personal opinion is that is you spy for a foreign country (friendly or not), you should receive either the death penalty or massive amounts of prison time.

I watched the same show and was shocked with the lenient sentences.
My time in the military with a TS +, we were constantly in training sessions about how to avoid "contacts", and being blackmailed.

In the past they were executed, but in this instance, got less than 5 years, and the info could result in hundreds of thousands of lives being lost?

I don't get it. Actually I do, but nobody wants to hear my opinion.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on whether or not the spying is an "attempt to interfere with military operations, to support U.S. enemies during wartime, to promote insubordination in the military, or to interfere with military recruitment."

I don't think it should depend on anything because it is not easy to prove in court what the damage is, you can't expect he country that got the information to give a full report.
For example, when the traitor J Pollard sold us out to the Israelis, (as many as 1 million documents) at first it didn't seem like a lot of damage. After the fall of the USSR we found out that the Israelis traded the information to the Soviets and they used it to update their nuke targeting.
His wife is another one, she publicly stated that their moral obligation was to Israel first.
Hang the bastard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom