Piston ARs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WCMS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was in the same boat as you with piston ar's. and the only ones i found good that is with out carrier tilt and all that bs was lwrc and lmt. who are both very very expensive. there are other guns that do well but there not really ar's.
i thought i was dead set on geting a piston. then i realized how much i loved to clean my guns, yea strange i know. then thought to myself you know it really is a waste of money for me. if i was a cop or something i may change my mind and get a lwrc, or if i was in harms way all the time over seas. but for hunting hogs and deer dont really shoot back so i thought i would save myself about 600 or 700 bucks and get a di gun, and good all round hunting cartridge, the 6.5 grendel. i can put the 600 twords a good scope.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even in the desert, i couldn't see any benefits i would have gotten out of a piston action. Never had my weapon get so fouled in a combat engagement that it started having problems. As long as you put a little cleaning in when you can the gas impingment works just fine. And if by some stroke of terrible luck you get stuck in an engagement so long that you are going to have to shoot enough rounds that it would start acting up from fouling, I think you would run out of rounds first.

If you treat your weapon right and clean regularly (as you really should with ANY weapon, piston or not) the gas impingment is a fine system that works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom