Pittsburg County man indicted for illegal sale of firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More details yet to come I am sure.

=======================

Pittsburg County man indicted for illegal sale of firearm
By Derrick James 10/6/21
MCALESTER NEWS CAPITAL STAFF WRITER

A Pittsburg County man was federally indicted after allegedly selling a gun illegally to an undercover federal agent.

Federal court records show Eugene Lee Dozier Sr. was indicted by a grand jury in the Eastern District of Oklahoma for engaging in the business of dealing, importing, and manufacturing firearms without a license and transferring a firearm to an out-of-state resident.

Records show Dozier is free from federal pre-trial custody on an appearance bond.

A probable cause affidavit filed in the case by a special agent with the ATF states the case against Dozier began in June after agents received information that he was manufacturing firearm suppressors and firearms without a federal firearms license.

“ATF Special Agents were provided with a business card which showed Dozier advertises manufacturing silencers with a 10% discount to military and law enforcement personnel,” the report states.

Agents wrote in the affidavit an undercover ATF agent approached Dozier equipped with audio and video at the Muskogee Gun Show in August and bought a pistol from Dozier along with 50 rounds of ammunition.

Dozier told the undercover agent the price of the pistol was $399 and that “there is no paperwork, there is no tax, it is out the door. We don’t do background checks,” the affidavit states.

When the agent said that he lived in California and “could not get anything there” Dozier said that he had some family in the state and began to tell the agent how the gun laws were starting to change out there after a lawsuit.

The affidavit states a search conducted through the ATF’s National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record and the Federal Licensing System showed Dozier had only one silencer registered to him and no federal firearms license in his name.

If convicted, Dozier faces up to five years in prison, a fine up to $250,000, or both for the unlicensed selling of a firearm and up to five years in prison, a fine up to 5,000, or both for the transfer of the firearm to an out-of-state resident.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can't fix stupid or greedy.....
I use to sell a firearm every once and a while on armslist.....I received an offer on an AR-15 that I had up for sell and we agreed on a price and where to meet but the deal went south when I told the buyer that I would have to see his OK driver license.....he said ok and we set up the meet....He called just before the meet and said he had to travel out of town and asked if a friend could pick it up for him.....RED FLAG.....I told him I would wait until he was back in town. I never heard from him again.....I believe it was a sting to catch me breaking the law.....you can't be too careful

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can't fix stupid or greedy.....
I use to sell a firearm every once and a while on armslist.....I received an offer on an AR-15 that I had up for sell and we agreed on a price and where to meet but the deal went south when I told the buyer that I would have to see his OK driver license.....he said ok and we set up the meet....He called just before the meet and said he had to travel out of town and asked if a friend could pick it up for him.....RED FLAG.....I told him I would wait until he was back in town. I never heard from him again.....I believe it was a sting to catch me breaking the law.....you can't be too careful
At least once I have been at a gunshow set up with a friends estate and had a clean cut guy make small mention that they're visiting family and in town from (state) and then get mad when I dont sell them a gun....sorry but i dont like prison with guys named bubba

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i'm convinced there are stings on this site. that's why i got a little paranoid when a certain user claimed to have a job that "harvests" information from websites and then claimed to send letters to the ATF with my name and address.

it's not a joke. they are here. and i also know that people who *can* abuse their power, *will* abuse their power. so it wouldn't surprised me AT ALL for members here who have the ability to do such things.

Last edited:

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
‘Ignorance of the law is no excuse.’

We’ve probably all heard that. So sometimes you do something stupid and have to pay for your ignorance. Not saying that’s what happened here. Just saying it happens. This sounds more like stupid greed.

I think some people fail to teach their kids some basic things. Like don’t do stupid crap. Or most easy money is suspect money. Probably a few other things like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom