Pittsburg County man indicted for illegal sale of firearm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A rifle can be taken directly to FEDEX etc to a FFL, but a pistol has to go FFL to FFL.
A private person (non FFL holder) can ship a rifle by any method...UPS, USPS, FedEx...to an FFL. A private person can ship a handgun via UPS or FedEx to an FFL. There is no requirement that a pistol be shipped by an FFL...only that it be received by an FFL. Just like there's no law that it be sent via air by UPS or FedEx. Both shippers require it, but not based on any legal requirement.

There are some exceptions to this. For example, if you're going hunting in Colorado you could ship your rifle to your buddy's house and take possession of it once there. But those are the general rules.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A private person (non FFL holder) can ship a rifle by any method...UPS, USPS, FedEx...to an FFL. A private person can ship a handgun via UPS or FedEx to an FFL. There is no requirement that a pistol be shipped by an FFL...only that it be received by an FFL. Just like there's no law that it be sent via air by UPS or FedEx. Both shippers require it, but not based on any legal requirement.

There are some exceptions to this. For example, if you're going hunting in Colorado you could ship your rifle to your buddy's house and take possession of it once there. But those are the general rules.
You can actually send firearms by mail. But not ammo, because it's explosive.
:drunk2:
___

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of life’s problems can be avoided by just doing the right thing.
Exactly. It's not always the easy thing. And, it may not seem like the right thing sometimes. We all have rules to follow and we're all free to choose if we're going to follow them or not. It may be fun to talk tough on an internet forum about how laws one might disagree with are unconstitutional and all that jazz... But when the rubber hits the road very, very few are willing to risk their freedom and ruining their lives to challenge those "unconstitutional" laws.

I thought the speed limit on a little stretch of highway on the way to Vernon, TX was too slow so I ignored it this past summer. Well, a very polite Wilbarger County deputy gave me a $300 reminder that the State of Texas spends a lot of money on those speed limit signs for a reason. And I paid it. And now I slow my dumbass down on that little 1/2 mile stretch of road.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
‘Ignorance of the law is no excuse.’
I've heard that for many years, while I've always questioned that theory. There are so many ignorant and a lot of good common sense good laws that virtually nobody can keep up with them.
Here are the official Oklahoma traffic regulations. I'm betting nobody including 100% of the judges and 100% of the lawyers in the state of Oklahoma can recite them from memory, yet when going to court for an issued violation, we the people are expected to know each and every one of them.
I do believe it's the responsibility of the citizen to research their area of interest in traffic and other laws though.
If your fishing, know the fishing laws of the body of water your on. Not all are equal and so on.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A non FFL can only ship long guns by mail (aka: USPS). Only FFLs can ship handguns thru the mail.
I'm not doubting what your saying, but more than once I've had to ship a handgun through an FFL to a manufacturer for warranty or repair work, getting it back in the mail or by common carrier, don't remember which.
I was actually shocked and it happened twice.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We should ban spoon sales across state lines because they make people fat who in turn develop heart disease and die.

We should ban automobile sales across state lines because someone may drive drunk and kill someone.

We should ban cell phone sales across state lines because someone might go out walking on the trail and fall off the edge of a cliff.

And, finally, I motion that we ban axe sales across state lines too. Someone might accidentally let if fly while wearing inappropriate safety gear, chop off their toe and bleed to death while awaiting medical transport.

These magical across state line sales are so dangerous!!!
Dangit! You don't understand your gubberment cares for you and your safety! We the gubberment are here to protect you from birth to death so you don't need to make these decisions for yourself! :laugh6:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom