Places I don’t go to anymore that I used to.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I remember it when it was a biker hang out. One of my "sisters" was married to the prez of the local Outlaws chapter. Tony died from cancer and John went to prison on drug charges. I miss Tony but only met John a couple of times.
You and I probably used to know the same people. We very well may have met back then (I was the one with the long, braided hair; long beard, and bad attitude).
I've been to the Outlaws clubhouse, back when it was down off Central, south of the river. Around the late 1980s.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you guys frequent here? 😎
IMG_0249.jpeg

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just put Bass Pro and Cabelas, as Cabelas is owned by BP, on my Not Goin' There list. Bought a Barrett Fieldcraft 270Win 24" muzzle brake from Cabelas Gun Library-Boise. That end of the transaction was great. Had it shipped to BP-St. Charles, MO. That end was a **** show. Barely allowed me to hold rifle, wouldn't allow inserting bolt, cycle check firearm to confirm function. Paperwork...over and above 4473, NICS....was absolutely ridiculous. Over 5 pages of copy to sign each page. ****** attitude, personnel. Pondered letting them keep the rifle, but needed the 270 to fill one of the few remaining voids in my Barrett collection.

Reflecting on the experience, I realize that there is zero, none, nada, zilch, zip reason to buy any firearm/ammo from BP/Cabelas. They have nothing....save maybe in this discontinued Fieldcraft rare instance.....that one cannot buy probably cheaper and with less hassle, more appreciation for your business at one's local gun shop or online at GunBroker, Guns International, etc. BP/Cabelas has become major woke in their chosen field, and hearing the feds are monitoring them for firearms purchasing. I encourage everyone to boycott BP/Cabelas. Support your local gun shop.

Please spread the word.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom