Any good places to rabbit hunt in north Eastern Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunnermcase

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm located in wagoner and looking for a place to take my boys rabbit hunting. I don't have dogs to use. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used to hunt on the public land out east of town, areas that are around the west end of Long Bay. But that was many years ago. I don't know what it's like there now.

Seems like there was some areas around Topper's also but not sure.
Probably can get permission from landowners to rabbit hunt only. Look around over between the river and Hulbert. Knock on some doors.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Live catch traps and place them around your house and buildings or any junk (treasure) you might have piled up outside!

Not the same as hunting, but saves on ammo! Lol

I see more rabbits in the places I mention above than out on the acerage.
They even come in my barn and have their babies!

6DE116BD-BA49-49AE-9EBB-4DBBCD19B709.jpeg

JoeGloker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Live catch traps and place them around your house and buildings or any junk (treasure) you might have piled up outside!

Not the same as hunting, but saves on ammo! Lol

I see more rabbits in the places I mention above than out on the acerage.
They even come in my barn and have their babies!

View attachment 436125
Pretty neat pics.
Loved hunting rabbits when I was a kid in Kansas. Lots of agriculture and hunted the creeks , lots of cover, even got into jackrabbits. I think my first jackrabbit was when I was 4, held it buy its hind legs and it was still dragging the ground. For my 5 birthday my dad bought me a Marlin 39A , still have it, will be 62 December 21, thank Dad, love you !! Life is good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom