Places I don’t go to anymore that I used to.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to post that pic. I drove 100 miles each way to visit the red dog. Biker hang out at one time, then no leathers after.
My sister was engaged to the CEO of Champlain oil in Enid. She broke it off when finding out he had a bachelor party at the red dog.
She never got many points for smart.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was going to post that pic. I drove 100 miles each way to visit the red dog. Biker hang out at one time, then no leathers after.
My sister was engaged to the CEO of Champlain oil in Enid. She broke it off when finding out he had a bachelor party at the red dog.
She never got many points for smart.
Yea I remember it when it was a biker hang out. One of my "sisters" was married to the prez of the local Outlaws chapter. Tony died from cancer and John went to prison on drug charges. I miss Tony but only met John a couple of times.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I remember it when it was a biker hang out.
A friend told me when he started working for Ma Bell back in the '70s, he was assigned to the west side of OKC, and he and his partner would frequently go to the Red Dog for lunch. He said there were groups of bikers and cowboys, and it wasn't unusual for brawls to break out between them, but they were like the ones in old westerns--if you weren't in it, nobody was going to drag you into it. You'd pick up your food and drink, a couple of guys would go rolling across the table, then you'd set your stuff back down and go on like nothing had happened.

I kind of wish I'd gotten a chance to see that...

Latest posts

Top Bottom