Places that are off limits for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about Tulsa Police Stations? Lets say I need to get some information from a particular police officer and I want to stop by the station for a chat. Since it's 'tulsa', it would be 'city' right? I would think an OHP station would be off-limits because it is 'state'. Is that correct?

JamesBell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa PD would be a place set aside for the city to do business with the public, so no carry there. I don't know about the airport, but I wouldn't carry there just to be safe.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it may sound odd, but I'm actually against that law. It breaks down to the same right we enjoy in owning and carrying out firearms: private property. This law prevents someone from deciding what goes on on their own private property.

No, it doesn't. It merely allows you to store a firearm inside your private property (an automobile) in their parking lot. They may still prevent you from concealed carry inside their establishment or even in the parking lot if you get out of your car/truck. This law protects them from lawsuits (which was their main argument). In many states your automobile is your "domicile" and has the same protections as being inside your home.

J. Holly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, next time that you want to go into a place that has a No Guns allowed sign, walk in. Immediately find the manager, and tell them you want to come into the establishment, however, since you are not allowed to protect yourself within the laws of the state of Oklahoma, they therefore have to afford you the same protection, and demand an employee, or manager, walk around the store with you the whole time.

Worked once for me, and then they told me that I could bring my firearm in next time.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, it doesn't. It merely allows you to store a firearm inside your private property (an automobile) in their parking lot. They may still prevent you from concealed carry inside their establishment or even in the parking lot if you get out of your car/truck. This law protects them from lawsuits (which was their main argument). In many states your automobile is your "domicile" and has the same protections as being inside your home.

Exactly. If a friend requests that I not bring a gun into their home, I will respect that (okay, I don't have weenie friends, but if I did...). BUT, they have no right to tell me that I can't protect my family on the road on the way over, at the gas station, when our car breaks down and we have to walk, etc...

Same concept. Many of us take our kids to school / daycare on the way to work, and this law would keep us from being made helpless by employers. So while I respect private property rights, this seems like the best combo to me.

eemitchell24

New to the site!
Reaction score
It is my understanding that any place not specifically listed in the Oklahoma concealed carry laws (Federal Bldgs, Elementary Schools etc) do not have any legal basis to support a "no Weapons" policy. In other words, it is exactly like the "no shoes, no shirt, no service" at McDonalds. If you do go in without a shirt or shoes, the most they can do is ask you to leave.

PARASHOOTER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bill in this case though is very specific and only applies to parking lots. People can honor your wishes by not carrying into your private building or elsewhere on your private property, but you can't tell them that they can't leave their firearm inside thier personal vehicle, on your private, but publically accessible parking lot. That's all it's for.

So, who will be guarding the parking lots??? Cause if my gun gets stolen from my vehicle on their property, I'll be pi$$ed. (I could have kept control of it on my person....)

PARASHOOTER

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, next time that you want to go into a place that has a No Guns allowed sign, walk in. Immediately find the manager, and tell them you want to come into the establishment, however, since you are not allowed to protect yourself within the laws of the state of Oklahoma, they therefore have to afford you the same protection, and demand an employee, or manager, walk around the store with you the whole time.

Worked once for me, and then they told me that I could bring my firearm in next time.

Cool!! Except, this bonehead employee or manager will be the first one hotfooting it out of there when the stuff hits the fan. I'll pass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom