Police doing their job today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the saying "Hyperbole proves nothing?"

Something like that.

What is your preferred method for making police come into contact with criminals?

I would prefer some sort of 'probable cause'. Not a totally unrelated search and seizure because I had an air freshener.

BTW, I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in years. I'm afraid they might find my pot, hooch, meth, and dead hooker in the trunk, shot by an illegal fully auto weapon loaded with assault clips.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would prefer some sort of 'probable cause'. Not a totally unrelated search and seizure because I had an air freshener.

BTW, I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in years. I'm afraid they might find my pot, hooch, meth, and dead hooker in the trunk, shot by an illegal fully auto weapon loaded with assault clips.

You're not reading (or comprehending) the whole story. The stop was legit, he was speeding. He can ask the guy anything that he wants during the stop. The dog can sniff the air around the car (no one owns the air, therefore no invasion of privacy). The dogs "hit" on the car gives them PC to search the car.

What about this doesn't make sense to you, and how do you get that the air freshener is PC?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So you have no solutions?

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was traveling west on 51 down around Harvard and Lewis around 11 this morning. Literally there were four motorcycle cops (Tulsa PD) and one OSP car simultaneously issuing citations to as many drivers, and they were only about 100 yards apart.

I've never seen anything like it.

Is Tulsa broke?

I think they where out trying to raise the extra money for the space shuttle. but what do I know.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're not reading (or comprehending) the whole story. The stop was legit, he was speeding. He can ask the guy anything that he wants during the stop. The dog can sniff the air around the car (no one owns the air, therefore no invasion of privacy). The dogs "hit" on the car gives them PC to search the car.

What about this doesn't make sense to you, and how do you get that the air freshener is PC?

Read my earlier link for an answer to your question.

1shot(bob)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you have no solutions?

You quoted my solution. Probable cause.
If someone gets pulled over for a lawful reason, and there is probable cause, search the car. An air freshener is NOT probable cause. Neither is following a vehicle for miles waiting for them to do something wrong just so you can pull them over. Neither is speed traps or traffic stops for the purpose of gaining probable cause. At that point it's not PC, it's an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom