Policing for Profit: Oklahoma DA halts I-40 drug stops after criticism from judge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Desert snow is a company that provides training to leos on criminal interdiction. They are very good at what they do. But this contract, legal or not does not pass the smell test.

Interdiction is not about drugs or money. Its about finding criminals in transit and if done right by the cops it works. When you bastardize the goals and tactics for funding it gives us all a bad name.

Fog

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The really confusing part is who is Desert Snow? What business are they in?

Secretary of State filing: https://www.sos.ok.gov/corp/corpInformation.aspx?id=3512136006

Desert Snow's website: https://blackasphalt.org/

Timothy McVeigh was stopped for a minor traffic violation. There are plenty of felons the get caught for things such as a cracked windshield.

He baited law enforcement by driving a car with no tag, and ensured his arrest by carrying a loaded firearm illegally *and* telling the officer about it.

The drug interdiction programs on I40 and I35 have nothing to do with drugs. They are only about revenue generation. I've listened to more BS from those guys about "the way the car is sitting on the suspension" than I care for.

But hey, if you have nothing to hide, don't worry when they pull you over and the dog "hits" and any cash that you are carrying gets confiscated as "drug money" with *you* having to prove that the money (and possibly other assets) was never part of the drug trade while everything that you did in your life (even as a child) is fair game to be brought up to tarnish your character and make it harder to recover your assets.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read somewhere that there is not a $20 bill anywhere in America that doesn't have cocain or other drug residue on it. Enough to trigger a dogs nose.

While its true a large amount of us currency will test positive for drug residue, the threshhold for a k9 alert is way higher than whats found on the money. The dogs nose is not nearly senseitve enough for whats commonly found. Ive run my dog on money several times. The only alerts hes had were on money found along with narcotics.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
'.... to protect and to serve......." the way it was

...... to intimidate and to confiscate........" taxation without representation. great for headlines and political careers, as long as it is 'the bad guys' getting the Gestapo treatment.

See thread: Deputy shoots dog, warrior cop, .........

Agree, VM

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havnt seen those studies veg. So I wont comment on their validity. I can only say based on my experience with several properly trained k9's I have not witnessed any similar results. For the record ive returned more money than ive seized. If interdiction is done right, its not about drugs or money. Its about getting criminals. Unfortunately not everyone does it that way.
Fog

Latest posts

Top Bottom