Politics 2012...dun dun dun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's great is that Republicans have been thoroughly convinced that beating Obama must be done at all costs, even if it means electing a worse candidate.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't pinpoint what it is exactly about Santorum but I like him alot. He has NO chance but if he is still in the race when the OK primary comes I will be voting for him.

I don't think Ron Paul has much of a chance either. I can't decide how I feel about him. One of the guys on Fox described him as the "chocolate ball with the fruit center" You like the chocolate or the fruit but you don't like both. Kinda like his economic views and his foreign policy. If he doesn't get the GOP nomination I hope he does not run as independent. That will guarantee Obama another term IMO

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

And that’s a good thing – proof positive that the young in this country aren’t quite as stupid as many seem to think. This is Paul’s last hurrah, but his son has similar views, and is quite young enough to make a real political impact. He could well pull all of his dad’s supporters his way, along with some newer blood.
Got to give credit to the younger crowd, with their views concerning foreign involvement and common sense monetary policy. Of course, they are the ones literally under the gun with our current policy of constant war, and will be the ones to suffer most and pick up the pieces of an economic collapse caused by the last few “me” generations. They have every reason to oppose the status quo. If the nation survives long enough, with this kind of thinking there may just be hope yet.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watched the debate as well. That boy is whack-oooo. He does have a few (1, 2?) good ideas, like don't worry about Iran and a bomb and let's be isolationists. NOT!!! I just don't see him as Prez material. I thought he was very close to a rant at one point. Not good.

:twocents:

Did you actually hear him say the word "isolationist"? Did it come out of his mouth, or someone else whispering in your ear?

Iran and a bomb, possible but it reminds me a lot of Iraq and WMDs and look what that got us! I don't think it is wise to keep meddling in everyone else's affairs. I can't imagine why the rest of the world hates us when we buy off dictators or help overthrow current ones to put our puppets in. Russia and China would gladly put us in our place if given the chance.

Oh yeah,

RON PAUL 2012!! LOL!

Come on now, the U.S. is squeaky clean perfect and has never made a mistake. The U.S. only ever looks out for the interests of the country as a whole and never interferes in the internal politics of other countries. It's so immaculate it should be up for sainthood! :rolleyes2

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And that’s a good thing – proof positive that the young in this country aren’t quite as stupid as many seem to think. This is Paul’s last hurrah, but his son has similar views, and is quite young enough to make a real political impact. He could well pull all of his dad’s supporters his way, along with some newer blood.
Got to give credit to the younger crowd, with their views concerning foreign involvement and common sense monetary policy. Of course, they are the ones literally under the gun with our current policy of constant war, and will be the ones to suffer most and pick up the pieces of an economic collapse caused by the last few “me” generations. They have every reason to oppose the status quo. If the nation survives long enough, with this kind of thinking there may just be hope yet.

They want off the plantation.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got to give credit to the younger crowd, with their views concerning foreign involvement and common sense monetary policy. Of course, they are the ones literally under the gun with our current policy of constant war, and will be the ones to suffer most and pick up the pieces of an economic collapse caused by the last few “me” generations.

Paul told Timothy "Let no man despise thy youth" so please don't take this the wrong way if you wall in the 17-29 category. I don't think our youth is stupid. I do however firmly believe they are guilty of the "me/entitlement" mentality. I am flabbergasted at the amount of people I have dealt with since I retired from the Marine Corps that have very little work ethic.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you'd find every generation since the 1950s or 1960s has sufferend from the "me" mentality. It's the Baby Boomer generation that pretty much sealed the deal for this country, through piss-poor politics (Political Correctness, etc.), to a selfishness and materialism that has only blossomed with each subsequent generation trying to buy their kid's love and be their friend, rather than be parents and earn their kid's love and respect. Today's young people are just living by the examples set by those before them, and the expectations falsely planted in their minds. We are also just seeing the results of all of those groovy '60s movements coming to fruition. I'll probably need the flame suit for these remarks, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom