Poll: 71% of Obama voters, 55% Democrats 'regret' voting for his re-election

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How bad must it get before this number is 100%?

Over seven in 10 Obama voters, and 55 percent of Democrats, regret voting for President Obama's reelection in 2012, according to a new Economist/YouGov.com poll.

Conducted to test the media hype about a comeback by 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, the new poll found voters still uninspired by Romney, but also deeply dissatisfied with Obama who has so far failed to capitalize on his victory over 15 months ago.

The poll asked those who voted for Obama's reelection a simple question: “Do you regret voting for Barack Obama?”

— Overall, 71 percent said yes, 26 percent no.

— 80 percent of whites said yes, 61 percent of blacks said no and 100 percent of Hispanics said yes.

— 84 percent of women said yes, and just 61 percent of men agreed.

— 55 percent of Democrats said yes, as did 71 percent of independents.

After Secrets first published their poll, YouGov.com noted that the sample for the question was small and recharacterized the sample as "those who reported voting for Barack Obama in 2012 but would vote for someone else if the election were held again" from "those who voted for Barack Obama in 2012."

Still, given the choice of Obama versus Romney, Obama supporters said they would stick with their guy, 79 percent to 10 percent for Romney.

But his voters seem to have moved on and are ready for the next election, giving Obama very early lame duck status before the midterm elections. The poll, for example, found that Hillary Clinton has a higher favorability rating than the president. While Obama is underwater in his ratings, Clinton is buoyed by a 50-percent favorable to 43-percent unfavorable rating, with a sizable 28 percent rating her “very favorable.”

As for Romney, his favorable ratings have dropped, but he would edge Obama by about three million votes, probably because Americans are not wowed by Obama's second term performance, not because they like Romney more.

Said the poll: “In YouGov research conducted from February 6th-7th, we went about it in a slightly different way, asking people who voted for Mitt Romney or Barack Obama whether they would do it again. We found an ostensibly similar picture: 90 percent of people who voted for Romney would do it again, compared to only 79 percent of Obama voters who would.

“Clearly Romney fares better, although he had fewer voters to begin with. As a proportion of the voters each of them actually received in 2012 (66 million for Obama and 61 million for Romney), the GOP candidate ends up with 55 million votes retained to Obama’s 52 million. Not exactly a wipeout. It’s also unclear for any poll that hypothetically revisits 2012 how much it says about renewed hope for Mitt Romney — who has notably been liberated from the scrutiny of a presidential campaign Â*— rather than about dissatisfaction with an incumbent president who has spent the last year defending his administration over leaks, scandals and Obamacare roll-outs.”

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ron Paul!

www.calguns.net_calgunforum_images_smilies_hide.gif

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Tells me that knowbody thinks much of Romney either before or after the election. Also tells me the people who nominated Romney has lost touch with voters in general, not just their base supporters.

It also tells me the Dems are in touch with both their base supports as well as the Independent voters who acted as swing votes.

Bottom line....politics changed and the GOP didnt.

I hated voting for Obama, still do. But ya gotta do better than Romney and McCain......just please please please dont force me to consider voting for Hillary. Nominate a fiscal conservative, moderatly social liberal, pro gun, kinda guy or gal.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another poll from YouGov.com:
[Broken External Image]

Wow, 15% of adult Americans (28% of republicans) "know fer sur" that Obama was born outside of the U.S.

Damn, people are stupid.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with your argument is Republicans do not want liberal tendencies. We call those people rinos. McCain and Romney are rinos. And they are rinos because they want to appease the media, which is wrong. The media nominated both McCain and Romney because they knew they would lose.

There were 10 million less republican voters in 2012 than 2008. This is because they didn't want to vote for a rino and saw little difference with him vs. Obama.

The truth is Obama was elected on lies and misrepresentations from him and the supporting media. Dems know what people like and they use it to get in office, then their agenda changes to what the really believe. If Dems ran on their agenda, they would not get elected, period. Just watch the mid term elections and how the Dems are going to distance themselves with Obama and Obamacare to get elected. The fact is, Dems lie to get elected.

And the dumb masses are finally realizing the lies.

Tells me that knowbody thinks much of Romney either before or after the election. Also tells me the people who nominated Romney has lost touch with voters in general, not just their base supporters.

It also tells me the Dems are in touch with both their base supports as well as the Independent voters who acted as swing votes.

Bottom line....politics changed and the GOP didnt.

I hated voting for Obama, still do. But ya gotta do better than Romney and McCain......just please please please dont force me to consider voting for Hillary. Nominate a fiscal conservative, moderatly social liberal, pro gun, kinda guy or gal.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem with your argument is Republicans do not want liberal tendencies. We call those people rinos. McCain and Romney are rinos. And they are rinos because they want to appease the media, which is wrong. The media nominated both McCain and Romney because they knew they would lose.

What about Reagan?

Latest posts

Top Bottom