Porch pirate caught red handed.......strong language.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d have to look it up, but didn’t Ok relax the law on brandishing because the original law was poorly written?
Printing or the wind blowing a shirt tail up exposing the firearm could have been considered brandishing under the old law.
I know the law regarding the carry of long guns on your property was modified in Ok as well in favor of gun owners.

Those examples were fixed with the open carry law, and is a major reason why it was passed. Too many people (1 is too many if you ask me) were getting charged with brandishing for printing, shirt ridding up or blown up by wind, etc. Not for sure if brandishing was addressed by that though.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d have to look it up, but didn’t Ok relax the law on brandishing because the original law was poorly written?
Printing or the wind blowing a shirt tail up exposing the firearm could have been considered brandishing under the old law.
I know the law regarding the carry of long guns on your property was modified in Ok as well in favor of gun owners.
Yeah, Gov. Gallon signed into law a Bill that eliminated the illegality of 'accidental' or unintentional showing of a firearm. Examples being if a concealed carriers shirt rode-up exposing the weapon or someone spotted a hand-gun in someones purse. I don't remember the Bill number or exactly when it became law but I think it was in late 2018.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tickles me how his main man drove off and left him when he saw the rifle.........looks like the thief needs to pick a more trustworthy get-a-way driver next time :)

Curious, on his own property and never actually pointing the weapon at the thief would that be classified as "brandishing" a firearm in Okla. ?

He should have had that guy face down, spread eagle in the snow til the cops arrived.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The general premise in OK as I understand it, is that a life (no matter how sorry it is) is worth more than property.

Property can be regained/repossessed or even reacquired by starting over. A life cannot.
:drunk2:
___

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, Gov. Gallon signed into law a Bill that eliminated the illegality of 'accidental' or unintentional showing of a firearm. Examples being if a concealed carriers shirt rode-up exposing the weapon or someone spotted a hand-gun in someones purse. I don't remember the Bill number or exactly when it became law but I think it was in late 2018.
Looks like FAT FINGERS did it again /sigh/. I meant Governor Mary Fallon, not 'Gallon'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom