Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A video of my miss last weekend. Passed on a 3 point at 12 yards and watched him eat acorns for 15 minutes yesterday morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the doe I shot Friday night. Made what I thought was a great 15 yard shot about 6:45. She piled up about 10 yds into the woods and got up once and moved about 10 more yards. I gave her right at an hour and then went to my truck to change clothes and drop a few things off before i went back in to dress her. When I got back to where she should have been.....nothing. Long story short; I finally found my arrow and spent 3 hours on my hands and knees following a small blood trail. It picked up a little here and there, but overall was nothing impressive. Finally found her on the worst part of the property possible. My buddy and I had joked it would take a winch and a tractor to haul one out from there. You almost need one of those rescue baskets they drop from a helicopter because of the vertical change and rocky terrain. I seriously contemplated quartering her just to ease the pain a little. Finally got her out of the woods at 11:30 pm. I was pretty spent, but thrilled I was able to find her. Turns out because of the downward agle I shot her at, the arrow only took out one lung and exited towards the bottom of her belly.

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e33_ripple420_photo_30.jpg

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Came down for a long weekend and scored this doe on friday morning. She had two button bucks with her and I knew she didn't run far before expiring cuz they came right back and fed under my feed for about an hour! I was right she only went about 80 yds. Tried going after couple of bucks I have on camera, but they are still in bachelor groups here and only showing themselves at night! They were being pains in the butt. Oh well I'm hopin to come down for the last weekend of muzzie, hopefully I can get on one then!

www.hunt101.com_data_500_doexbow.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
good job deercrz. it was a perfect morning in the stand today. deer moved great and my son and i saw 12 in a couple hours. we also saw the biggest deer we've evr seen on our place. i would say in the 150 inch range. to bad it wqas 250 yards away! i expect a few pics will be posted tonight.

Deercrz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soon as I get better service I will post pics. Took my son with me today and got a doe at 8am then shot decent 9point at 9:45am. Good morning Buck was with a smaller Buck. Not bad for public land.

Latest posts

Top Bottom