Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspector57

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Guys,

This is the first buck I have shot here since buying the place 10 years ago. Problem is I see bucks like this in the summer, then while hunting a decent buck comes by and I KNOW there is a better one. Never see them in the daylight - until last Saturday. Like I mentioned, I think there is a better one (or two!) hanging around. That's fine - the bow is tuned up ;)

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
welcome to the forum gary. i love all the knarly trash on that dudes head! nice deer and good luck with the BIGGER one.

distantfoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i428.photobucket.com_albums_qq2_cvrx4_1351606374800.jpg

My dad got this 12 point opening morning. He told me to sit in his stand, but I chose to sit in mine. Doh

Great muzzleloader kill! Wait, is that a centerfire rifle leaning against the tree?

Nowata2

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure why I did things differently this morning but it sure paid off, was west of my food plot watching SE, got tired of battling the sun about 745 and moved to the base of a tree on the north side of plot, no wind this morning so I fgured WTH, next I get busted by a small 6 pt about 845am, I figure i will give it til 9am and head out and get ready for an evening hunt. Got a text at 858am from a friend, just happened to reply. Next thing I know this guy is standing 20 yards away in the middle of my plot at 905am. He went about 30 yards and fell down a 15ft creek bank, had to get the jeep and a jerk rope to pull him out. I try to never hunt directly over my plots and I definitely would have left at 9am had I not gotten that text. I knew before today that bucks move later in the morning typically. Not sure if it was the frustration starting to set in or what but my mind was made up. I have hunted this property for 4 years now but just purchased it back in September, so 1st buck as land owner!! As for the buck I would guess 2.5 years, decent amount of pressure from neighbors so I decided to take him. Would you have let him walk?
http://s1311.photobucket.com/albums/s665/nowata2/

Hope the link works as I am not sure why I cannot attach images

Latest posts

Top Bottom