Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bleated this guy in at 7:55am yesterday on public land. Made a 35 yard shot and watched him crash. Biggest buck by far with a bow.

i107.photobucket.com_albums_m300_smootherthanbutter_Hunting_20121104_081808.jpg

i107.photobucket.com_albums_m300_smootherthanbutter_Hunting_20121104_081842.jpg

i107.photobucket.com_albums_m300_smootherthanbutter_Hunting_20121104_162326.jpg

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you sir! I couldn't believe he walked right through my setup. I've hunted that spot religiously for the last 2 years and never seen that buck. Love the character he has.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice public land buck... looks like u were in the thick stuff. Hw did u get the skull so clean already?

Yes sir thank you, the opening in the thick junk....seems to be a key. I used a filet knife to peel off all the skin and as much meat as possible and will start boiling him sometime this week. He's currently soaking in a 5 gallon bucket.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
where is the video? didnt you video this?

Nice Buck!

Thanks! It's funny actually, by buddy and I were sitting in the same tree and he was filming as he already shot a doe this year. We had a small 8 walk by at 10 yards and I told him I was gonna pass on him. 10 minutes later, I bleated again and we went back to talking. I look up and the buck is 40 yards away. I told Matt not to move, there's a huge buck behind him. He turned, saw the size, and said "hell no, I'm not filming you kill him." I drew before the buck hit the shooting lane, but forgot to stop him and was following him with a pin on his chest. Matt is now at full draw and stopped him, I released my arrow first. We had a good laugh about me shooting the buck out from under him, although it was whoever gets the shot, shoots. So no, no video. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom