Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
First deer ever... Let the does pass for 2 days and this guy showed up about 7:00pm Was REALLY excited. ;)

www.coryhawk.com_pictures_deer_cory_buck2.jpg

Awesome! Congrats!!

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
coryhawk that is a great buck by bow congrats and lonnie tell your brother a big congrats on that good buck looks like a great shot he made on him

I thought it was a great shot too but it exited low on the opposite side and only got one lung. He was able to watch the deer lay down about 75 yrds away and watched it lay there with it's head up for 30 minutes before it expired. It got up a couple times and moved a few steps then went down again. No telling how far that deer would have gone if he had gotten out of his tree and spooked it or tried to track it too fast. A good lesson there for all of us. Give those animals time to bleed out. They don't always die as fast as the ones on TV do.....even with an awesome hit.

orangeRcode

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good advice about waiting. I always sit once I've shot one. No reason to push them. If you've hit them well enough, they will lay down and bleed out. Generally 20 minutes or so is adequate. It's important to make note of where you last saw them and direction they were moving. I took a doe the last evening of gun season last year right about dusk. I waited about 15 minutes before getting out of my stand. I found her about 40 yards from where I had shot her but she had gone down a ravine and crawled under a big cedar tree. If I hadn't had a good idea where she went in and saw the white of her tail I'm not sure I would have found her.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice shot Cory on a nice buck. This is one my brother shot last night. We always camp out and hunt the first few days of archery but I got sick and left yesterday afternoon to come home and try to get healed up for the elk hunt this weekend.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Seiling_20121003_003481.jpg

That's awesome!! I've been wanting to start shooting a traditional bow for awhile but haven't had time to get started.

I got skunked today...............I think its time for a new spot though. These guys liked me a little too much

i1195.photobucket.com_albums_aa394_kroberts2131_photo_zps4911acae.jpg

I've got a short term cure for those cattle...slingshot and some of the "slingshot ammo".

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had cattle come in on me before. Gets me pretty upset to the point that I get up and move them on. It takes a bit for the woods to calm down again but I can't stand having the cattle around me while I'm hunting. I have never seen deer near cattle but maybe it wouldn't affect the hunt?

Latest posts

Top Bottom