Post 'em

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had cattle come in on me before. Gets me pretty upset to the point that I get up and move them on. It takes a bit for the woods to calm down again but I can't stand having the cattle around me while I'm hunting. I have never seen deer near cattle but maybe it wouldn't affect the hunt?

Yeah I think I just jumped the gun on picking a spot. I'm new hunting this area (and in general). I'm heading out this afternoon to move my blind into some deeper woods. I wasn't sure if I should be mad or just laugh when that calf came to say Hi though!

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That calf is like, what's up in there? That pic made me laugh....which is about all you can do when the bovines move in...I have had my fair share of hunts ruined by them too. Thats a great first buck CoryHawk, way to go man! It took me a lot longer than that to kill my first deer with a bow....

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot a decent doe this morning

i172.photobucket.com_albums_w26_corbinlee_8B39215A_2F72_4DE5_A962e4c2a887ee1e2f9b31a829c4b73a5.jpg

In for the eve sit now

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Details please with kills. Bows, arrows, broadbeads and how far.

My does where both killed at roughly 20 yards. I am shooting a Bear encounter because it has a 32" draw length and is the first bow I have found in my price range and I love it. Some cheaper arrows from Bass Pro, can't remember the exact name, but am shooting the 2.3" rage 2 blade arrow heads. They are brutal.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I am gonna do.. I would rather spend the 500.00 bucks I would on mounting him for more gear and a bow of my own! LOL I had the processors give me the head.. Just gonna let it sit out at a family place near Guthrie where it won't be disturbed for a few until it is ready then I will bleach it up. ;)

Anyone have any suggestions or links to ways to do this?

I did my sons last year. I went to the dollar store and bought the biggest pot they had. I got the water to a boil added some liquid dish soap and stuck the head in after skinning it best I could. I would then take it out every couple of hours and remove meat with a knife. After I got all I could I took it to the carwash and cleaned it up. Paying attention to the membranes in the nares and the brain. I then let it set and dry for a week. I then took gauze soaked in hydrogen peroxide and wrapped the skull. Make sure not to get any peroxide on the antlers. I did that for three days and then let it dry. It turned out nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom