Post up this years predators.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of hawk is in the cage?. Not wanting to get anything started but this type of hawk seems to be around my deer stand every fall. They fly very low and very slow. I can honestly say this is the only thing I have ever watched catch a quail. Last year I watched one sailing low in front of my stand and then nosed dived. The covey got up about the time the hawk was only a few feet from the ground..Big puff of feathers and then the hawk flew off with a quail hanging from his feet. I know bob cats catch quail and other small creatures but the hawk does the exact same thing..To me it was a pretty amazing display of nature.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I let the wind out of this one right before it ran over me this morning. Dropped it 10 feet in front of me.

i124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_2012_01_02091858.jpg

I called this 3 legged one in last night and the hunting buddy shot it.

i124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_2012_01_02092057.jpg

i124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_2012_01_02092037.jpg

i124.photobucket.com_albums_p19_twocanchoo35_2012_01_02092106.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job on the cats and coyotes guys. I loved seeing those bobcats in a cage. Coyotes don't chew their legs off Shooter. That is an old wives tale. You can catch them by a toe or two and hold them most of the time. If they get out with their leg still in the trap, it is because the bone broke and the sharp edges of the bone cut the flesh and got them loose but they will not chew out.
My son and I got out again last weekend and had a great hunt. We called in 15 and only killed 3 out of those. Should have had 6 but our shooting sucked and we kept having hard chargers that we could not get stopped for a standing shot. All the yelling and whooping we could do would not get them stopped. Killed the farthest at 225 and it was sleeping when we started calling and just stood up in front of us. Shane got 2 of the coyotes and both his were inside 75 yrds. We had a ball and the action was exciting. Our first stand on Sat morning we had a pair come in from Shane's left that I never saw, a pair come in from in front of me that circled to his side for wind and then a single hard charger that ran straight in....so 5 dogs on the first stand of the weekend. Here is a pic of him with one from Sunday morning. I'll post up the other 2 when I get the pics.
i35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_ShanePHCoyote.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom