Pot never killed anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in school I knew a lot people who used marijuana pretty often. I knew a lot of people who drank alcohol pretty often. I never saw a friend crash a car because they were high (not promoting that, its a dumb thing to do). I saw more than a few crash cars while drunk.

While I feel bad the woman in this story lost family in that crash, saying it was marijuana's fault because the driver admitted to having smoked some earlier that day is one really, really long leap and one the creators of "Reefer Madness" would be proud of. Should high people be driving? Of course not but when you separate fiction from fact the big "marijuana the gateway to heroin and cause of mental illness" propaganda falls apart real fast.

I don't use the stuff, never have so I have no dog in this fight but the facts are the facts and as much as the government has disagreed over the last several decades, marijuana is not the demon it's been made out to be. There's a very well documented medical use for marijuana and it's components but being labeled as a schedule I narcotic has kept researchers from pursuing some extremely promising leads.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
comparing guns to mind altering substances is like comparing apples to oranges.

There is no difference between the two that is relevant to the context of this discussion. Human beings are possessed with volitional consciousness, and if they use any inanimate objects in a way that harms others, the harm is caused by that person's choice to engage in those actions -- not by the inanimate object. That is just the nature of reality.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished reading Robert Vaughn's auto-bio, (you know The Man From Uncle) he said James Coburn turned him on to pot in the early 60's. They had to put him in the looney bin for a week! He never would take another puff the rest of his life! If your curious about trying some, you might have an experienced friend babysit you. I also recall walking in the mall with my teenaged sons. I remarked "I smell weed." Well a beat went by then one of them asked me "how do you know what it smells like dad?" Another beat went by and I said "I read it in a book."

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished reading Robert Vaughn's auto-bio, (you know The Man From Uncle) he said James Coburn turned him on to pot in the early 60's. They had to put him in the looney bin for a week! He never would take another puff the rest of his life! If your curious about trying some, you might have an experienced friend babysit you. I also recall walking in the mall with my teenaged sons. I remarked "I smell weed." Well a beat went by then one of them asked me "how do you know what it smells like dad?" Another beat went by and I said "I read it in a book.
Bassin's just being jealous.
I'm old....I wake up in a new world every day.....besides which is worse, replying to an ancient post....or commenting on the reply? Stupid is as stupid does...FG

Latest posts

Top Bottom