Powers out again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Posting from an iPhone because life inside the house has come to a stand still. I am sure there is se irony to the era where productivity drops and boredom skyrockets because something as simple as not having any electricity happens.

I am not here to start a debate over who's fault it is, or this or that, I am just here once again saying that i fail to see why in this day in age, why we cannot simply have a reliable and guarantee electrical infrastructure. I say this is cow crap! The winds not blowing, it's not raining, no ice, no lightening; I see no factors that give any reason why the power should have gone down. And you cannot tell me there at not enough people Aka customers out here to pay and rationalize a reliable power system. It's not even peak hours.

Powers been out for almost 2 hours now, by estimation; we have already had time to go outside and trim up our storm damages tree in time, and now that the chores are done, all I can do is wait and notice how quickly any room with a window begins to heat up just because there is no fans to circulate the air.

We had already been seriously discussing a whole house backup generator run on natural gas. But with these outages becoming more frequent and the system becoming less and less reliable, It's a sure thing.

What boggles me is just how much we all rely on something that is not guaranteed. I have never herd of a requient or promis. In fact I am sure the power could go out anywhere and there be not obligation to how timely a manner it is reatored. And all the while our fridges and freezers temp rises, the house gets hot, our securitysystems are on backup or off, and all of our creature comforts are gone. With the only rationality that it will return being that the company wants us using the energy and paying for it as badly as we want it.

Whatever caused this aside, I am greatful for and respect the people working probably at this moment to fix the problem, I am sure they are hard working well trained individuals.

I just wish the infrastructure was more reliable.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like you have 3 options:

1. Contact the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. It's called the 'corporation commission' because they work for the corporations. :rollingla

2. Take your business to another provider. :rollingla

3. Be your own power company. Solar cells, diesel generators or whatever it takes to be self sufficient.

We like self sufficient around here. :rollingla

TRAMP1002

Marksman
Reaction score
I have never heard of a electric grid,automobile,appliances or anything else that does not fail at some point!Not trying start anything here buth have you walked out the entire feeder you are on to see if a drunk hit a pole or a squirrel got in a switch or any other thing the utility has no control over?These things just happen it sucks but at least it's not 110 outside today!

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
whole house backup are extremely expensive ... go buy a portable Honda EU2000i
plenty of power to run freezers/frig, lights, PC, etc... bare essentials

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worked most of the night last night, had top blown out of two poles due to lightning and tree blown down thru another line. I wish the power never went out, then I would get to sleep thru all the rain and snow storms and be with my family. Things happen no matter if its a new line or old

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like you have 3 options:

1. Contact the Oklahoma Corporation Commission. It's called the 'corporation commission' because they work for the corporations. :rollingla

2. Take your business to another provider. :rollingla

You really need to educate yourself further on points 1&2, then come back and we will have an intelligent conversation about how public utilities operate in Oklahoma. :disappoin

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not here to start a debate over who's fault it is, or this or that, I am just here once again saying that i fail to see why in this day in age, why we cannot simply have a reliable and guarantee electrical infrastructure. I say this is cow crap! The winds not blowing, it's not raining, no ice, no lightening; I see no factors that give any reason why the power should have gone down. And you cannot tell me there at not enough people Aka customers out here to pay and rationalize a reliable power system. It's not even peak hours.

aknowyourmeme.com_i_000_052_812_original_Deal_with_it_dog_gif.1e94bc26ec447c1dc73e6b09bcafbe0a.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom