Preference in duck calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at upgrading my duck call as I'm currently using a cheap POS, I would consider myself somewhere between beginner and novice. I realize each individual probably will blow one call better than another, but what are your "go-to" calls or favorites?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with Sure Shot Game Calls
I have a deluxe duck call 600 and a Pintail whistle call 1000
I also have a Haydels B 81 blue and snow goose call. Blow hard in that one and gets their attention.
I do not use the #600 any more or the pintail. just like big geese i suppose

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out my sig line. You won't find a better price on an acrylic call anywhere. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have trolled a lot of national duck forums and nearly everyone said that anything Duck Commander is complete junk. Now maybe this is retaliation for success in the marketing and tv world but I have honestly read a lot of similar threads to this one elsewhere and nearly everyone says stay away. I don't own one and at this point cannot imagine paying that much money for one but both RNT and Echo are the two calls that are generally on the top of masses list.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have trolled a lot of national duck forums and nearly everyone said that anything Duck Commander is complete junk. Now maybe this is retaliation for success in the marketing and tv world but I have honestly read a lot of similar threads to this one elsewhere and nearly everyone says stay away. I don't own one and at this point cannot imagine paying that much money for one but both RNT and Echo are the two calls that are generally on the top of masses list.

I know that anything Duck Commander was always in plentiful stock at the local stores prior to their TV series, that's not the case now!

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually, they say that the circa 1970's 1980's stuff is really good. It is when they mass marketed that they said there quality went down. Even before the shows started airing, there are threads saying that their calls were guaranteed to stick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom