Preference in duck calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Currently using Echo calls(poly). The double read tends to stick, but besides that they sound good. My girlfriend bought me a Duck Commander call (one of the nicer ones), and it sounds pretty good but haven't put it on my lanyard. I'm fixing to pick up a RNT Daisy Cutter, I've read a lot of good things about RNT. I'd stay away from Haydel's calls unless you can stand the smell of crap.

Be sure you give the DC a try before you spend the cash on one. Even though I Pro Staff for another call company, I love RNT calls. That used to be all I owned. However, the DC can be very challenging to run! I've owned two over the years and never did feel comfortable with either one. If you prefer single reeds, I would suggest giving the Original or the Short Barrel a go. If you're a double reed guy, try out the Alpha 2.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have trolled a lot of national duck forums and nearly everyone said that anything Duck Commander is complete junk. Now maybe this is retaliation for success in the marketing and tv world but I have honestly read a lot of similar threads to this one elsewhere and nearly everyone says stay away. I don't own one and at this point cannot imagine paying that much money for one but both RNT and Echo are the two calls that are generally on the top of masses list.

Ive always blown the Haydel calls because for one they work and the other my cousin is sponsored by them so i always got them for free. The Duck Commander triple threat is the first call ive ever actually purchased and for $40 im more then impressed with it. I think there is a little bit of retaliation for their TV show that seems to happen to everyone when they get a show and become famous but my general experience is its been a good call. I cant speak for their other calls cause i probably wont ever buy another one i just bought it to support those guys and Ive loved it so far. Ive got a dang 5 gallon home depot bucket full of haydel calls last thing i need to do is buy more lol

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a guy doing this earlier this afternoon at BP, lol!

I saw a guy the other day too, he was probalby on his 3rd or 4th different call when I walked down that aisle. He was talking to his buddy, "jeez this one smells like ****!, smell this" then went to blowing on it and complaining that it smelled funny.

He got a real concerned look on his face when I told him he was probably the 10th guy to try that call today.. :-)

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I saw a guy the other day too, he was probalby on his 3rd or 4th different call when I walked down that aisle. He was talking to his buddy, "jeez this one smells like ****!, smell this" then went to blowing on it and complaining that it smelled funny.

He got a real concerned look on his face when I told him he was probably the 10th guy to try that call today.. :-)

That's the funny thing about it.

Those guys don't seem to mind that all of Oklahoma and half of Texas has had that duck call in their mouth!

Yeah, dumbass, put something that smells like she-ite in your mouth and blow on it!

PAINT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure you give the DC a try before you spend the cash on one. Even though I Pro Staff for another call company, I love RNT calls. That used to be all I owned. However, the DC can be very challenging to run! I've owned two over the years and never did feel comfortable with either one. If you prefer single reeds, I would suggest giving the Original or the Short Barrel a go. If you're a double reed guy, try out the Alpha 2.

The more I practice with the Duck Commander call the more I like it. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. What company are you Pro Staff for? The DC gets a lot of good feed back, that's why I am/was wanting one. I have also been considering the calls you mentioned besides the Alpha 2, I prefer single reeds. Thanks for the feedback.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The more I practice with the Duck Commander call the more I like it. I'm going to try it out tomorrow. What company are you Pro Staff for? The DC gets a lot of good feed back, that's why I am/was wanting one. I have also been considering the calls you mentioned besides the Alpha 2, I prefer single reeds. Thanks for the feedback.

Double D Gamecalls out of Pittsburg, KS. It's a small upstart with quality calls that are extremely affordable. You can get a full acrylic call for under 50 bucks! They don't have a name like RNT or Echo, but all you have to do is look at the pics I post on here to see how effective they are. We kill piles of birds!

Latest posts

Top Bottom