President Bush has Passed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
meh we don't even know what the guy is really like behind all the smoke and mirrors.

I liked the guy but he was only human. I don't we should idolize the guy as some sort of mythical hero who we tie so many good things to that to insult him is somehow insulting an idea more than a person. He was a decent dude, but he wasn't Jesus. His death is tragic, but the guy was like 94. He lived a full, good life. certainly a fuller life than 99% of the population of the earth will ever live, and in splendid luxury. I don't think he gives a **** what we think about him. He did ban the importation of semi-automatic rifles in 1994, he tore up his NRA membership card, I believe he also had a hand in NAFTA that ****ed over our manufacturing industry. There was also that rumor about him and heather lind.

You know something? Most of us don’t know what you are really like either. But If you were to pass away tomorrow, and some body posted it here on OSA, I bet that the vast majority of us would be decent enough to at least post something like a simple RIP. But if we didn’t do that, we’d probably at least have the decency to not say something unfounded or negative or to bring up some long forgotten “rumor” which serves no purpose.

Threads like this always amaze me. But they also embarrass me, because as a member of this group, I feel tainted by and am ashamed of some of the comments I’ve read here. A former War Hero, President, and the father of yet another President dies at 94, and some people just seem to feel a need to display their indecency. And some just don’t know when it’s time to stop talking before they prove what many others already suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rest in peace Mr. Bush, thank you for everything you did for the US.
You know something? Most of us don’t know what you are really like either. But If you were to pass away tomorrow, and some body posted it here on OSA, I bet that the vast majority of us would be decent enough to at least post something like a simple RIP. But if we didn’t do that, we’d probably at least have the decency to not say something unfounded or negative or to bring up some long forgotten “rumor” which serves no purpose.

Threads like this always amaze me. But they also embarrass me, because as a member of this group, I feel tainted by and am ashamed of some of the comments I’ve read here. A former War Hero, President, and the father of yet another President dies at 94, and some people just seem to feel a need to display their indecency. And some just don’t know when it’s time to stop talking before they prove what many others already suspect.

Well said, I had a response typed out and decided to delete it, but my feelings are the same, there are some really classless people on this forum...

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW .....that’s all I can say after reading this thread. May he rest in peace, I think he was a great man, great family, great legacy, though I actually liked Barbara better. I do think he’s the first president to set us firmly on the path to globalism, that’s the only problem I have with him. That and read my lips....NO NEW TAXES .....that cost him reelection.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I think it's very different when we're talking about board members versus some celebrity. If somebody in this board died or was seriously injured I would be the first to say RIP or offer support. But the man was bigger than himself, he left quite a legacy. He fought for his country, what more can you ask of a man?

From by view, I see him and other politicians in abstract. Less as people than as the policies and positions they support. If something happens to a board member that feels more real to me in a sense so I have a different emotional response.

Im sorry if I came across indecently. I didn't mean to **** on his grave as some view it

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd personally never talk **** about a (recently) dead person, provided they're decent people. I'd even extend that courtesy to Obama, out of respect for his family.

You said it all right there without all the added hyperbole.
You nor I can change history about what they did. Some did what we wanted and some went against our wishes. Once they pass, it's all about giving respect to the family in their time of loss be it personally or online.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bush was head of CIA and headed Kennedy's assasination.
I could be wrong...not on this though.
HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! Just like the government brought down the twin towers. I thought we busted your chops hard enough you gave that up. Sounds like you moved on to the next conspiracy by alex jones....

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He did ban the importation of semi-automatic rifles in 1994
I'm not sure where you're getting your facts, but Pres. Bush (41) left office in 1992. If you're referring to the 1989 ban, I'll give you half marks.
I believe he also had a hand in NAFTA that ****ed over our manufacturing industry.
This one really was in 1994. You're thinking of Clinton.
I just hope that i can live as long and full a life as he did.
I just hope you can get your facts straight before the next time you head to the polls.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will give it a week before the sexual harassment claims come back into focus in the Main Stream Media ? Maybe two weeks at best but someone will bring it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom