price gouging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Approaching 80,000 rounds of x39 Golden Tiger in under 9 hours. God only knows how much of other brands, and every other caliber they've sold today. SGAmmo is going to be filling orders for days.

what is that about....do people really believe there is gonna be an end of the world scenario, or even a time where no once can get x39 ammo? what ban will eliminate "assault weapon fodder?"

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stopped by WM a few mins ago to pick up some .45 personal defense ammo to stock the 4 new mags I bought. They had about 5 boxes of some Russian-brass stuff I passed on for $40/100rd box, so I picked up the last 3 50-round boxes of Federal and Remington FMJ. That was ALL they had. :( Also a coupla hundred rounds in .223 Federal bulk packs. They had tons of that stuff.

The Russian stuff was in a sky blue box, never seen it before, but it's been a few months since I bought ammo. Anyone know anything about this stuff?

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Russian stuff was in a sky blue box, never seen it before, but it's been a few months since I bought ammo. Anyone know anything about this stuff?

Do you remember the name by chance? The only com-block stuff I've shot is Prvi Partizan and it was mil-spec 5.56mm. It was pretty good in 5.56 and I'd be willing to take a chance in other calibers based on that experience.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was an acronym, and I think it started with PP. PPO? Something like that... I dunno. It was $40.00 for 100 rounds, so I figured unless there's good evidence it was better than WWB at $36.xx, I didn't see myself stocking up on it.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I searched around and for anyone interested, Prvi Partisan is also abbreviated PPU on blue/white boxes. My experience with it in 5.56 has been excellent and would recommend it to anyone. I have no experience with it in other calibers, but would be willing to go out on a limb and say I'd shoot it with no reservations based on my experience with their 5.56 mil-spec loadings.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took me 12 tries before I got thru to Powder Valley to order some reloading supplies but they are good people and the prices didn't go up

Latest posts

Top Bottom