Winter projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up this 11-48 in 20g. Wood is nice with no big gouges or cracks. Someone taped some things off and painted it in gloss black. Who knows what I’ll find under that paint. I’m going to strip all the wood and metal down and refinish it. All in all, the gun is tight. Looks to be carried more than shot. It’s going to be a fun one. Anybody else have a gun lined up to work during the winter?
6E6772E5-96F0-42A0-8DC0-C8A3DC95F862.jpeg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up this 11-48 in 20g. Wood is nice with no big gouges or cracks. Someone taped some things off and painted it in gloss black. Who knows what I’ll find under that paint. I’m going to strip all the wood and metal down and refinish it. All in all, the gun is tight. Looks to be carried more than shot. It’s going to be a fun one. Anybody else have a gun lined up to work during the winter?
View attachment 432361
I have several watches lined up , but been looking at a lever gun that may end up changing my plans.....

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington 600 Mohawk 243. It’s been in pieces for more than a year: small kids and a small business put it on the back burner. but today I finally got the stock refinished and put back on it and got a steel trigger guard ordered. Metal is next.
1701208862866.jpeg

My only before pic. It was in pretty decent shape when I got it, but the finish was later destroyed in storage by some chemical inside the rifle case.
IMG_2980.jpeg
IMG_2981.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom