Price of leases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my buddy took me turkey hunting this past spring and now I'm hooked. All that to say I've started looking at leases and I'm just curious what the going rate for a decent lease is. I know it depends on location and everything but what is a good ball park average for 160 acres? Thanks for any help you might have.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
like u said "it all depends on the location and what all comes with the lease"
we have leased out west (well west of i35) and in grant co we find leases for 7-10 an acre but going rate out there can be as hi as 15per. The lease im getting this year (which is posted on here) is in NE Ok and it only $3.33 an acre but thats cheep... anywhere in the state u can find land from 5-10 an acre if u really look but the sky is the limit on leases and some lucky people can get a full section for $100 total so u never know

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy(Forum newbie) and I just got a lease for $4.25 an acre year round in western Oklahoma and we feel VERY fortunate. Most we were looking at were at least $10 and acre and we were beginning to think those were the cheap deals.

Good luck to you.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy(Forum newbie) and I just got a lease for $4.25 an acre year round in western Oklahoma and we feel VERY fortunate. Most we were looking at were at least $10 and acre and we were beginning to think those were the cheap deals.

Good luck to you.

Where at out west did u guys lease.... just wondering cause i usually lease out west every year.... $4.25 is a steal i think the cheepest i have ever got there was about that a long time ago and its been going up every since... we paid $10per last year

Reaction score
I'm looking for a lease in the 320 acre range, give or take, in Southwest OK, which does have pigs & Rio turkeys, but does NOT have cattle. I hate being molested by them while hunting, and I like to know that if I find a trail, it means deer.

Quail on it would be a bonus, but not necessary.

Holler if you know anything. I want to go in on this with one other person, so it should end up being about $1K each, give or take a couple hundred. Or more if it has quail, I'm sure.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a few cheap leases. Not sure I even did the math to determine the cost per acre. However, I found that anything that seemed to be a great deal wound up falling through for some reason. I was certainly willing to pay. I assumed that these folks want someone on their land that knows what they are doing.

I ended up just buying 20 acres and will expand from there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a few cheap leases. Not sure I even did the math to determine the cost per acre. However, I found that anything that seemed to be a great deal wound up falling through for some reason. I was certainly willing to pay. I assumed that these folks want someone on their land that knows what they are doing.

I ended up just buying 20 acres and will expand from there.

Some can't do it, but you did the right thing in your situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom