Primers!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
🤣🤣 well if you talk to my wife she would not argue with you! Generally in my hand loading practices I use a standard lee priming tool. I seat to the bottom of primer pocket. Never have I ever sort by weight or measured them.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP:

What's your end goal? Is it single digit ES, and SDs below 5? Because I can attest that one can get that low without having to sort, weigh, and measure seating depth of primers. The difference in powder charge from one throw to the next of most equipment and scales is going to have more of an effect on velocity.

Can it make a difference? I'm sure that some will argue "yes", and they very well might be right. Me? I've had good results not stressing over it.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To the OP:

What's your end goal? Is it single digit ES, and SDs below 5? Because I can attest that one can get that low without having to sort, weigh, and measure seating depth of primers. The difference in powder charge from one throw to the next of most equipment and scales is going to have more of an effect on velocity.

Can it make a difference? I'm sure that some will argue "yes", and they very well might be right. Me? I've had good results not stressing over it.
No end goal. I was up late couldn’t sleep and read a little about it on the legendary web and thought I would OSA. Sounded like a good topic for discussion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom