Probably should just take tomorrow off.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work in a department with only 7 employees, 5 of which, hunt. Appearantly, you have to request for this weekend by this time last year. Bummer, I'll be thinking of all of you though.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend in Dallas that has Mondays off throughout Hunting Season. Several people at his company hunt, including the big boss. After some conversation a couple of years ago the big boss convinced the owner to allow the modified work schedule.

T-F 7a-5p during Hunting Seasons(exact dates escape me now)
M-F 8a-5:30p out of season.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my favorite day of the year here in Antlers. The population of the town triples while all the hunters roll through. There is the biggest collection of reeeeeeeeeedneck contraptions going through town, from campers, to trailers, and stands on the back of trailers. The local radio station actually has a redneck camper contest, where they broadcast live outside all day. School is out today, and for all of next week because no one would show up anyway.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking Monday and Tuesday off and will be out for Thanksgiving break Wed-Fri. Told the boss if I kill a deer on Saturday I'll come in and work monday and tuesday.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
speaking of redneck contraptions. I passed a Grand Cherokee on I40 last week. guy had two sections of extension ladders. Each had a platform attached to the end. looking closer each ladder section had green and brown paint covering the aluminum. Makeshift ladder stands. passed the guy sure enough both the driver and passenger were all camoed up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my favorite day of the year here in Antlers. The population of the town triples while all the hunters roll through. There is the biggest collection of reeeeeeeeeedneck contraptions going through town, from campers, to trailers, and stands on the back of trailers. The local radio station actually has a redneck camper contest, where they broadcast live outside all day. School is out today, and for all of next week because no one would show up anyway.

I can only imagine the parade coming thru Antlers:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom