problem loading rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel1daniel2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a progressive but have had the same problem with Varget I fixed it by getting a powder funnel and then just tapping it on the bench GENTLY.

If you are looking for ball powders I will put a vote in for BL-C2 depends on the load, you can get a compressed load out of it and my average group is well under 1/2 moa at 200 yards and have gotten it as small as .31 at 100

daniel1daniel2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am far from a expert but in my opinion when a load is compressed the powder does not have room to move around and be all to the front or all to the back of the shell when it is ignited, therefore will produce a more consistent burn. All I can say is when I went from non compressed loads to compressed loads I went from about 1 1/4 at 100 yards to 3/4 in at 200 yards and .31 at 100 yards. At which point I gave up because I know that with what I have that is about as good as its going to get.

55 grain serria gameking
warm/ hot load of BL-C2 I don't have it in front of me so look it up to make sure, but I think it was 27.3-.4
CCI primer
COL 2.2705 Check your lands before you start lengthening the loads

Latest posts

Top Bottom