Processing questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These bags work great for ground. you can get 99% of the air out, tape it and it's good for years. Much cheaper than vacuum bags.

cdn.lemproducts.com_images_popup_WILD_GAME_BAGS_2.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those bags would be perfect.

Back in the day I had a cheap grinder with a 3/4" throat bought from Service Merchandise for $90. Ground a ton of deer meat with that thing taking two days to chunk the meat into cubes or strips so they would feed into the throat of the grinder.
The blades are typically dull as heck, so I found out that if I used 600 grit emery cloth soaked with oil and made circle 8's with the cutters to sharpen them, I cut my time in half. Sineu etc clogs up the cutters if they are not sharp.
Finally about 5 years ago, stripped the plastic gears out of it and bought a Cabella's Carnivore 3/4HP beast of a grinder. Dang thing takes two good men to pick it up and put it on the counter, and with the addition of a foot switch, I can knock out an entire deer that has been boned out in a little over an hour. You just throw meat into it with no prep. Comes with sausage stuffing tubes to fill those bags in the pic previously.
My advice is to buy once and cry once, never looking back.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like to vacuum seal.
I do steaks, roasts, stew meat and ground usually. I can always pull out the roasts or stew meat to do more grind or make sausage.
I leave a few large muscles whole for pot roast.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the way Cossey's meat market in Mustang is a great place to get beef fat and pork fat for doing your own grinds and for sausage. It's a great family-run shop and the folks couldn't be friendlier.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After advice from all you guys, I have officially quartered my first deer. It took me about an hour with her laying on the ground. It was a buddy's doe. He gave me a strap and tenderloin for me doing it. Wasn't so bad!

Now, I am moving to the deer recipe thread. LOL

Got to get my own meat on the ground though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom