Progressive Press Debate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
I've got a Hornady L-N-L AP. It was a little futzy getting it set up but once it is set and running I have very few problems with it and those are operator induced.
I did have a problem with the LNL bushings actually breaking pieces off inside the bushing, one call to Hornady got me a full set of replacement bushings no charge.
Now, If I could just find the time to actually use the darn thing.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my 550 since 1992. Loaded rifle and handgun calibers. Dillons service is fantastic. Currently loading eight different calibers. This machine keeps me in all the ammo that I need and it has been quality ammo. Suggest you purchase Dillon dies when it comes to reloading handguns. They work better then anyone elses in the 550. Even tho I have a 550, I do some limited rifle caliber (45/70 for example, shoot only a few each deer season) reloading on a Rockchucker. No regrets for me.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll thumbs up Dillon. I've got 2 550's and they're fantastic. However I've been thinking about selling one of them and getting a 650/1050 since I primarily shoot one handgun caliber.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased my Dillon 550 about 10 years ago. At that time the Hornady LNL was expereincing some issue. I understand that they have been resolevd and I would not hesitae to purchase a Hornady LNL. You should try to operate both presses and see which one suits you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom