Property Management Companies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I have a house that we moved out of and have had on the market for about 4 months or so. The big issue is it is a 2br house. People would rather buy a crappier house with 3br than have a decent house with 2br. I am very cautious about renting the house out due to the fear of "horrible" tenants. I also don't really want to put the time and effort into renting out the house myself. So the couple of questions I have are does anyone use a property management company? If so who, and what/how do they charge you for the services? At this point we do not care about making much money off the house we just want to try and break even every month.

Here is a shameless plug for the house if any of you slum lords want to add to your collections :)

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3324-E-Reading-St-Tulsa-OK-74115/22137891_zpid/

Thanks in advance for any info.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a locksmith here in Tulsa and we do work for alot of property managers, I would call John Novesky @ 918-587-6916 or 918-494-2600, This guy usually has a low turnover rate and when I actually rented from him he was good at staying on top of things that needed to be done. Good Luck

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know I'd D&S property management has a branch in Tulsa but they have a pretty good deal here. They list the house, show it, game applicants and do background/reference checks, collect rent and deposit in your account for 10% of rent. They are also on call 24 hrs a day and dispatch to fix problems.

I'm also think a out renting my house as I am up for a promotion and will be moving to Joplin if everything goes through. I'm kinda nervous though about being out if town and renting. Plus I've seen a lot Of houses get really torn up. Good luck.
Juston

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have a house in Tulsa managed by a property management company.

They way that it works is they just take a %. So for the first month they find the renter and take big % chunk of the first months rent for finding the renter, doing the background checks, and writing the contracts. Then they take 10% each month. They collect the rent, and then direct deposit the rent into my bank account after taking out their cut. I'm sure most of them probably work the same way.

I haven't been really satisfied with Hausam. They started off great. They found really good renters, and they do a great job on collecting the rent. It was their management of repairs that really bothered me. At first it was great, small little repairs here and there, all things that I was fine with. Then they started approving these outrageous fees for a plummer, and started approving things like replacements of lost garage door openers etc. I complained and they fired their employee who ran the program and banned the plummer but I haven't gotten any of that wasted money back.

PM me if you want any more details.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im in a rental house in Edmond that is managed by a Property Management company. At first they were good at taking care of problems now they I cant seem to get them to do anything. They blame it on the owner not wanting to spend money but I'm not sure I believe them.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I currently have a house in Tulsa managed by a property management company.

They way that it works is they just take a %. So for the first month they find the renter and take big % chunk of the first months rent for finding the renter, doing the background checks, and writing the contracts. Then they take 10% each month. They collect the rent, and then direct deposit the rent into my bank account after taking out their cut. I'm sure most of them probably work the same way.

I haven't been really satisfied with Hausam. They started off great. They found really good renters, and they do a great job on collecting the rent. It was their management of repairs that really bothered me. At first it was great, small little repairs here and there, all things that I was fine with. Then they started approving these outrageous fees for a plummer, and started approving things like replacements of lost garage door openers etc. I complained and they fired their employee who ran the program and banned the plummer but I haven't gotten any of that wasted money back.

PM me if you want any more details.

I do work for hausam on a regular basis, They got rid of just about everyone over there and merged in with Coldwell bankers. It seems like in the last 2-3 months everyone is moving to other companies But John Novesky is a sole proprieter at his business with his daughter as a secretary, He seems very stable and I deal with his renters all the time and have never heard anything bad about him. As far as fee's go I am sure Quick-draw-mcgraw has it right.

Latest posts

Top Bottom