Proposed CA law would let private citizens enforce weapons ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recall a few people in and around the firearms community being concerned that the Texas Abortion law might have consequences for the 2A community. I suppose it was only a matter of time.

“California Gov. Gavin Newsom proposed Friday letting private citizens in his state sue gun makers to stop them from selling assault weapons just as Texas lets its residents sue abortion providers to stop the procedures, then essentially dared the U.S. Supreme Court to treat both issues the same.”

https://apnews.com/article/business...gun-politics-b0a3cd6c9061e1ba37d6c52ae093e6c0

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like the texas law primarily for this reason. It seemed like a silly end-around that had high potential of unintended consequences.

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't like the texas law primarily for this reason. It seemed like a silly end-around that had high potential of unintended consequences.

Too many far right wing morons don't understand how this loophole legislation will be used by others against them. As predicted, California is the first to use the same method against the 2nd Amendment. I vote in the R primaries but am more of a "leave me the heck alone conservative". Things in this country are going to get more contentious before it gets better.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the difference here is there is not a constitutional amendment for abortion. The CA law would most likely be ruled unconstitutional by scotus

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too many far right wing morons don't understand how this loophole legislation will be used by others against them.
The right has the opposite problem. They have no idea how to actually use power, avoiding taking any action while saying "BUT WHAT IF THEY DO THE SAME TO US?"
Meanwhile, their opponents have spent the last century doing exactly those things.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They live in the fantasy that if there are no guns then violence would not exist.

They forget that a person can be killed by another person with no weapons at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom