Public Notice - I messed up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I found out tonight after @MikePAC made a comment on the "Fixed Blade" knife thread, that the Gerber Strongarm knives I had were fake. Worse, this was AFTER I had not only posted them for sale, but also sold nearly all of them. When I got them they looked good, felt good, etc etc. But after looking up some comparison videos which detailed the fake issue, it looks like I got burned.

As I am posting this, I have already taken down my listing, and reached out to everyone that I had dealings with on the thread. My apologies to @SKATA @trekrok @gmar @Fyrtwuck who got Gerbers from me as well as @Nic D. who was planning on the different model Gerber I'd listed and finally @Glock 'em down because he got the Leatherman, and I don't know if I can trust that either at this point.

I've reached out to them and will 100% be providing a refund ASAP.

While I'm not a fan of having to make a post like this, I want to make sure I am posting it because it'd be bad if I got taken --- it's happened before and it sucks, but it's life --- but I do not want to take others down. I don't take the concept of personal integrity lightly, so in addition to the actions performed I wanted to make it public record. I was just telling the story to a friend the other day of how pissed I remember feeling when I bought a fake Galaxy S7 several years ago. I really really don't want to be that guy.

The shipment I got all the blades from came as part of a larger order from Amazon and I thought that meant I could trust the stuff, but I was wrong and I'll wind up taking that as a lesson.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words ya'll. I look at it like this --- I'll take the hit, but you can bet the first thing I did this morning was that me and my daughter got to have a talk about it. It'll be a paid for lesson in integrity, and IMHO the cost there will be worth it since I want to role model for her.

On the bright side, I did think of a way to turn it into a positive! I have debated getting one of those stamping kits like people might use to emboss calibers and stuff on barrels...well, if I was to get one I could mark all the knives as fakes. Then I have properly labeled blades and a new tool out of the deal LOL.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amazon comingles products from vendors, meaning you can buy from a legit vendor and still end up with a fake due to the fact that a vendors fakes are in the same bin as the real product and the fulfillment is randomnly pulled out of the mixed inventory. I only buy certain things from amazon for that reason. Won't buy a surefire, eotech, etc there.

https://www.redpoints.com/blog/amazon-commingled-inventory-management/

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words ya'll. I look at it like this --- I'll take the hit, but you can bet the first thing I did this morning was that me and my daughter got to have a talk about it. It'll be a paid for lesson in integrity, and IMHO the cost there will be worth it since I want to role model for her.

On the bright side, I did think of a way to turn it into a positive! I have debated getting one of those stamping kits like people might use to emboss calibers and stuff on barrels...well, if I was to get one I could mark all the knives as fakes. Then I have properly labeled blades and a new tool out of the deal LOL.
I know you may feel bad, but I can't imagine anyone holding this against you at all. It could happen to anybody man. I say this because I got took on Amazon also. In my case it was "Bausch & Lomb" EYEDROPS! 😲

Fortunately, the packaging was off just enough (barely) to raise suspicion. I called B&L direct (turns out they have their own counterfeit department because of this). They asked me to forward the Amazon details and ship them the fake eyedrops on my dime. Then they cut me a check for the amount I was out on the counterfeit and directed me to their official Amazon storefront, where I got the real eyedrops. FWIW, I had tried to get the drops locally and no one had them, hence the Amazon attempt. :(

So you might want to contact Amazon AND Gerber with what happened. If nothing else, they can get the seller taken down, but you might have a chance to be made whole on what you're out. It's worth a shot anyway!

:respect:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I found out tonight after @MikePAC made a comment on the "Fixed Blade" knife thread, that the Gerber Strongarm knives I had were fake. Worse, this was AFTER I had not only posted them for sale, but also sold nearly all of them. When I got them they looked good, felt good, etc etc. But after looking up some comparison videos which detailed the fake issue, it looks like I got burned.

As I am posting this, I have already taken down my listing, and reached out to everyone that I had dealings with on the thread. My apologies to @SKATA @trekrok @gmar @Fyrtwuck who got Gerbers from me as well as @Nic D. who was planning on the different model Gerber I'd listed and finally @Glock 'em down because he got the Leatherman, and I don't know if I can trust that either at this point.

I've reached out to them and will 100% be providing a refund ASAP.

While I'm not a fan of having to make a post like this, I want to make sure I am posting it because it'd be bad if I got taken --- it's happened before and it sucks, but it's life --- but I do not want to take others down. I don't take the concept of personal integrity lightly, so in addition to the actions performed I wanted to make it public record. I was just telling the story to a friend the other day of how pissed I remember feeling when I bought a fake Galaxy S7 several years ago. I really really don't want to be that guy.

The shipment I got all the blades from came as part of a larger order from Amazon and I thought that meant I could trust the stuff, but I was wrong and I'll wind up taking that as a lesson.

Good on you for having the integrity to make it right. That's a quality severely lacking in society today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom