Public Notice - I messed up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@trekrok In my case it was sold by Amazon. They were Johnnie on the spot with a refund offer, but the CS person had no idea where it came from or how to check their stock.

Also I had actual other Streamlight lights and packaging to compare. This counterfeit was extremely good until you opened the light. Then there were differences. The packaging was spot on with one exception. It didn’t have furnished batteries and at the time all Streamlight products came with a set. That’s it, the packaging was indistinguishable from real in all other respects.

I feel like that's how these are --- without having something to compare to until I started seeking out YouTube videos, I had zero clue. I'm fighting a bit of paranoia now because as I pull up videos and information for different blades, now every minor inconsistency makes me wonder if counterfeit or if it's just a manufacturing variation. They are all really good.

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t blame you. China has been flooding the US with counterfeit products for decades. Dirty bastards! 🤬
Yep and companies like Amazon and Ebay won’t do anything about it until the OEMs start suing the pants off them.

Right now Ebay is flooded with Spyderco fakes…if you think you are getting a $170-$270 knife for a buy it now price of $95 dollars you are sadly mistaken.

David

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The one I still don't know about is I bought Longmire The Complete And Final Season 6 DVD from Amazon when it first came out. Well a couple months later I was at Walmart on saw it but it wasn't the cover of my DVD set. But the UPC on my set says it don't exist or if you go by the other upc online it says it is season 5. I don't think it is a copy/counterfeit I think it was a production error that got out when it shouldn't of have. But other than that I have been lucky with Amazon.

MikePAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
@trekrok In my case it was sold by Amazon. They were Johnnie on the spot with a refund offer, but the CS person had no idea where it came from or how to check their stock.

Also I had actual other Streamlight lights and packaging to compare. This counterfeit was extremely good until you opened the light. Then there were differences. The packaging was spot on with one exception. It didn’t have furnished batteries and at the time all Streamlight products came with a set. That’s it, the packaging was indistinguishable from real in all other respects.
IMG_8500.jpeg

Says “Gerber Legebdary blandes” (Legendary blades) packaging had good logo. Most boxes were damaged. Not hard steel at all, but looked good and felt good in hand!

Attachments

• IMG_8498.jpeg
    IMG_8498.jpeg
    725.2 KB · Views: 0

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 462018
Says “Gerber Legebdary blandes” (Legendary blades) packaging had good logo. Most boxes were damaged. Not hard steel at all, but looked good and felt good in hand!
That was a tell I saw on the ones I had as well after your comment.

I'm kind of thinking how I might be able to use them as targets at the range to test them a bit. I wonder if there's be any danger shooting them.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My company is having huge issues with amazon on “like product” which isn’t using our logo or purporting to be ours, but is definitely made and sold in it’s likeness. There are also counterfeit items as well on there. Legally, we can go after the counterfeit sellers, but not the like product sellers.
It’s sad that people think that they are getting something of quality that is American made and that an American company will stand behind them, only to discover that they may not be protected at all.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick update:

By this point all folks that used Paypal have been refunded and those that sent a check have had it shredded. I got the first "return to sender" package and once opened, those knives did bear the hallmarks of fakery, so it appears that the way things went down was the best way to go.

While I'm still pretty disappointed in the situation, I very much appreciate all the kind words shared, and the understanding that folks showed towards me. I got to learn more than a few things about supply chain quality, and being more careful about what I have, and hopefully used the situation to boost that message out a bit for anyone else like me to spread the "be careful" message.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quick update:

By this point all folks that used Paypal have been refunded and those that sent a check have had it shredded. I got the first "return to sender" package and once opened, those knives did bear the hallmarks of fakery, so it appears that the way things went down was the best way to go.

While I'm still pretty disappointed in the situation, I very much appreciate all the kind words shared, and the understanding that folks showed towards me. I got to learn more than a few things about supply chain quality, and being more careful about what I have, and hopefully used the situation to boost that message out a bit for anyone else like me to spread the "be careful" message.

I'm still convinced that the Leatherman Skeletool was legit. Did you receive payment?

Latest posts

Top Bottom