• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy Purchased: AR15 5.56

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
67   0   0

KipK

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking for AR15 in the OKC area. Thinking about going to the OKC Gun Show in a few weeks. Just, want something light, easy to maneuver, and relatively inexpensive for home security since I lost my Pit/Boxer. I need a hobby.
PURCHASED:
Looking for AR15 in the OKC area. Thinking about going to the OKC Gun Show in a few weeks. Just, want something light, easy to maneuver, and relatively inexpensive for home security since I lost my Pit/Boxer. I need a hobby.
May be in the market for 5.56 ammo. I have 223, but I like to compare to 5.56 for my own experience. Also, need a case 42 inches or so. Eventually, want a pistol but with so many choices. I like the looks of the Glock's and ar15 SBR's. Hate to see the government's response to SBR's though. The way they are going causes me to want to have an entire room full on many different locations...

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
It’s the same cartridge with few minor differences that really don’t matter and you’ll never notice. The differences haven’t mattered for about 40 years or more when people were concerned about it.

I’ll add, ROT, don’t shoot 556 in a 223 chamber…usually bolt guns. 223 in a 556 chamber is not an issue. I don’t think they make 223 chambered ARs anymore.

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
May be in the market for 5.56 ammo. I have 223, but I like to compare to 5.56 for my own experience. Also, need a case 42 inches or so. Eventually, want a pistol but with so many choices. I like the looks of the Glock's and ar15 SBR's. Hate to see the government's response to SBR's though. The way they are going causes me to want to have an entire room full on many different locations...
SG ammo is a local place that many guys buy ammo in bulk. I wont buy fromhim as he's pretty bad about manipulating and gouging.

https://www.sgammo.com/
AmmoSeek is a good place ot find ammo and such, but always check and make sure the website youre buying from is legit.

https://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.56x45mm-nato
Buy once, cry once on the case. Just buy a pelican and be done with it. It will last you forever, and retain its value. But, honestly, I would put the case money towards ammo or optics, as I have manycases, one is used for spare magazines, another just gets shoved around the garage. They rarely get used for what I bought them for.

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/long-case/protector/1720

In my opinion, AR pistols arent all that great. Theyre just loud and annoying. Fun though, but not practical except for making fireballs at the range.

KipK

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I appreciate your candor because, alot that I have read says ar15 piatol is one of the best next to a shotgun for home defense. I will keep your words in mind.
Thanks

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Short barrel AR's are a gun that has their place IMO, I have one its a 11.5" registered SBR. is it a perfect 300 yard target gun, no can I reliably hit to 200 with it, yes. Have I shot a deer at 100 with it, yep when it was all I had to use at that time.

Loud, hell yes, but I also have a suppressor, so my 11.5" gun with a can is still about the size of a 16" rifle and way quieter than a un suppressed gun in confined spaces. Its still not my go to, my 14" SBS 870 12ga is. you wanna talk loud, shorten the barrel on a shotgun lol

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
midway usa makes a heck of a good soft case that is often on sale. I have purchased a couple for my Barrett 50 and another long gun. I think on sale they were $60 a piece. While i agree with someone mentioned a pelican. they are great cases if you need a hard case to beat around, I got one extra if you wanted one, but personally they are overkill for most rifles and situations. buy ammo and a good red dot and shoot the heck out of your rifle before spending loot on stuff that is secondary to rifle familirization first. imho

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate your candor because, alot that I have read says ar15 piatol is one of the best next to a shotgun for home defense. I will keep your words in mind.
Thanks
I have 2 ARs…a 20” and an 11.5 (yes, I paid my illegal tax for it) w/ suppressor along with various hand guns….each have their purpose but for home defense I’ll take my chances with a shotgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom