Put in a small food plot today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Disked it up last weekend, and went today to plant it. Had some issues that I've posted in the general forum, but I'm really anxious to see how it comes up.

For Y'all that havent planted a food plot and think you have to have mega equipment to do so, its not true.

this is a 1/2 acre plot. The pipeline company came across it last year and the ground was still torn up. I took the trike with a springtooth bought at a farm auction for $5 to smooth and break up the topsoil.
Used a craftsman fertilizer spreader to put on soy beans, forage wheat, and turnips.
Went back over it with the springtooth to lightly cover it up, and finally went over it with the trike by itself to get good soil/seed contact.
Should see some results in a week or two:D

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010005_1.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010006_3.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
dennis, that looks like an awesome spot.. they can get them a little bite to eat on the way to that corn..

My thoughts exactly:naughty:
Can't see the river in the other pic, but its where all the deer cross from the other side to come and feed. No farming on the other side.
If you look closely, on the second pic, right side, you'll see the stand where I took my bearded hen with archery last fall.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of disc did you use?

Its a 3 point disc that I converted to a trailer hitch so it can be pulled with my pickup. Picked it up for $250 at another auction. Put some wheels on it that are raised and lowered with a boat winch and steel cable to pull down the road.
Thats the rig used to get into small areas, that I can't get my farm equipment into.

Latest posts

Top Bottom